From Southern California to Scottsdale, Arizona to Bradenton, Florida summer is all about quenching your thirst on a hot day. Try a something you’ve never enjoyed before, or at least never made at home. From kid-friendly to adults only, there are plenty of refreshing drinks to choose from. Here are some of our favorites.
- Vampire Juice – Despite the name, Vampire Juice is actually wholesome and delicious. You’ll need a blender and a carrot, apple, orange juice, and raw beet plus a little parsley and tablespoon of lime or lemon juice. Add some ginger for an extra kick.
- Agua de Sandia – Otherwise known as watermelon water, this one is an incredible quencher that uses chilled watermelon pureed with water and a squeeze lime juice.
- Minted Lemonade – Get out the saucepan for this drink. You’ll need 2 cups sugar, 6 cups water, 2 cups fresh lemon juice and ½ cup mint leaves. Easy peasy.
- Agua de Jamaica –Talk about refreshing! Ingredients include dried hibiscus petals, a cinnamon stock, ground cloves, nutmeg, allspice, piloncillo (Mexican brown sugar cones) and white sugar.
- Blood Orange Mimosas – Yum. Squeeze 3 cups of juice from about 10 blood oranges, add an orange-flavored liqueur like Grand Marnier, include some sugar and a bottle of chilled Prosecco.
- Piña Colada – Who doesn’t love a Piña Colada once in awhile? Magic ingredients include golden rum, pineapple juice and coconut cream. Fast, easy and very tasty.
- Zombie Punch and Mai Tai – These two drinks use ingredients that were long-held trade secrets until not too long ago. Zombie Punch was invented by Don the Beachcomber in 1934 while Trader Vic’s concocted the Mai Tai in 1944.