The day you’ve looked forward to with both dread and giddy anticipation has come. The last of your kids has flown the coop. Go ahead, shed a few tears of sadness—or relief—then get to the fun part. What are you going to do with that newly empty bedroom?
Another scenario: your house in Campbell, CA or new home in Orlando, FL came with an extra room. Even before you moved in, your head was dancing with ideas to make the most of the bonus room. All you know is that you want something more than a typical guest room or storage space.
Here are some great options:
- Create the craft or hobby room you always wanted
- Replace the door with a hinged bookcase for a secret personal retreat
- Add a pool table and wet bar for entertaining friends
- Line the walls with bookcases to create a library or office
- Turn the room into a media retreat, complete with oversized flat-screen
Once you’ve made your choice, upgrade, add and change out to give the room a different look and feel. You can add a ceiling fan, pull up the carpet and lay a wood floor, paint the walls, and dress the windows to your liking. In the end, all your planning and hard work will pay off.