Whenever you’re feeling pulled in a million directions, remember to take care of yourself. Slow down and take a deep breath. You need to fit you into your day, or you won’t be any good to yourself or anyone else. It’s time to de-stress, refresh and get back to the natural, balanced rhythm of life.
Here are a few tips to help you shake off the stress.
1. Practice yoga – Here at Taylor Morrison, we love joining along with Yoga with Adriene in the comfort of our own homes. Her online guides cover it all, from beginner classes to advanced, and they’re free. Check out her series 30 Days of Yoga.
2. Be thankful – As bad as things can get, there’s always something to be thankful for. Make a list of things you’re thankful for, like that first cup of coffee or tea that gave you a quiet moment to yourself; the child’s hug; the sun peaking out from behind the clouds after days on end of gloomy weather.
3. Go to sleep – Power down for a while. Just a few minutes in the middle of the day can refresh and sharpen your mind. If you can’t seem to go to sleep at night, try these simple tricks to help bring on the zzzzz’s.
4. Walk it off – Walking has a positive impact on your sense of well being. It’s good for your body, and it puts you more in touch with the world. Take a look at Thirteen Reasons to Go for a Walk.
5. Grow a houseplant – Here’s one you can indulge in as easily in snowy Castle Pines in Denver as in a Costa Mesa home in temperate California. As this article explains, people working near plants don’t suffer from fatigue, headaches and sore throats as often as plant-less people.
6. Take a relaxing soak – A long, warm bath does a soul good; add a few must-haves and it’ll do even more. 5 Steps to a Blissful De-Stressing Bath will make you long for some bathtub time.
7. Listen to music – Put some relaxing music on and feel the anxiety wash away. As The Easiest Way to Relax This Minute points out, there’s evidence that music can be more effective than prescription drugs in reducing stress levels.
8. Head to the spa – Massage therapy is good for what ails you, from tension to chronic illness. Read about the four methods that do wonders.
9. Elevate your mood with food – Eating the right combination of foods can improve your ability to cope with stress. Bon appétite! 7 Foods You Should Be Eating Right Now