The kitchen may be the heart of the home, but we spend most of our time in our bedrooms. At Taylor Morrison we design owners’ suites and secondary bedrooms that give our homeowners flexible spaces for sleeping and relaxing, as you can see in these pictures from our portfolio. We’ve also pulled together some clever, low-cost tips for creating inviting bedrooms
- Place furniture to maximize any view.
- Use mirrors to reflect light and give the illusion of more space.
- Keep clutter, fussy details and busy patterns to a minimum.
- Create defined areas for sleep, reading and hobbies using dividers or just area rugs.
Create a welcoming retreat
- Choose a soothing color palette using blue tones and neutral creams, grays and soft browns.
- Opt for relaxing task lighting instead of harsh overheads.
- Add texture and softness with area rugs.
- Use relaxing scents like lavender.
- Change out the hardware on dresser drawers
- Replace old lampshades
- Reframe art work and photos
- Add accent color interest with throw pillows
Need some inspiration? Visit a Taylor Morrison community near you and tour our furnished models for the latest decorator tips. You’ll find new homes for sale in the most sought-after locations in California, Colorado, Arizona, Texas and Florida.