Yearning to feel sand between your toes and the sea breeze on your face? Then, pack up and head to the nearest beach. If you’re vacationing in Florida or Southern California this summer you’ll have lots of great beaches to explore.
While you’re in the area, stop by one or two Taylor Morrison communities close to the beach. Check out our Southern California homes in communities like Sol y Mar, coming soon to Rancho Palos Verdes, and Level 1 in Costa Mesa. Going to West Florida? Don’t miss our homes in Fort Myers, including The Cove at Indian Rocks Beach, and Naples’ new homes in Cape Coral.
Before you head out for a day at the beach pack well! Use this handy checklist as a guide:
- Big beach towels
- Sunglasses, sun hats and lots of sun block.
- Plenty of drinking water
- Beach umbrella and chairs
- A cooler on wheels with lots of snacks and sandwiches
- First aid kit in case someone steps on sharp shells or broken glass
- Binoculars for watching the kids
- Change of clothes and cover-ups
- Beach toys like pails and shovels, Frisbees and boogie boards
- Zip-lock storage bags for wet clothes and to protect items from the sand
- Hand wipes and trash bags
For more great ideas see the Beach Vacation Packing Checklist at realsimple.com.