The sooner you sell your current home, the sooner you can move into your new Taylor Morrison home. Here are some quick tips to help prospects fall in love with your place.
- Establish your street creds. Clean up the yard, touch up paint, wash the windows–whatever it takes to give your home curb appeal (and keep folks from just driving by).
- Create a warm welcome. Fresh plants on the porch, a new door mat, fix the doorbell.
- Declutter. Pack up the knick-knacks, toys and other clutter so prospects can better visualize the space. Don’t overlook the garage, patio and basement.
- Deep clean. Dirt is a big turn-off. Consider hiring a pro to shampoo carpets, scour grout and make everything sparkle.
- Stage the area. Set the table with an informal arrangement. Put out a nice bowl of fruit. Use photos from magazines for inspiration.
- Organize closets and cupboards. People will open them. Make sure they’re tidy.
- Deodorize. Make sure your house passes the sniff test. Clean up after pets and empty the fridge.
- Move it out. Consider renting a storage unit for all your extra stuff.