Whether you own a new home in Charlotte, NC or real estate in San Juan Capistrano, CA, it’s always a good idea to do some winter follow-up inspection and maintenance. The goal is to keep your new Taylor Morrison home in top condition, season after season. Here’s a quick overview of tasks to put on your spring home maintenance list.
- Look for any loose or damaged roof shingles that might need to be replaced or repaired.
- Clear gutters and downspouts of debris and make sure everything is secure.
- Inspect exterior paint and siding for peeling or damage and replace as needed.
- Power-wash the deck and repair any loose boards.
- Repair or replace damaged or decayed wooden window and door frames.
- Replace or repair exterior plumbing in case of freeze damage.
- Have your fireplace and flue cleaned by a professional.
- Thoroughly clean window and sliding glass door sills.
- Check faucets and general plumbing fixtures and repair any leaks.
- Test smoke detectors and replace dead batteries.
- Drain the water heater if you haven’t done so within the last year.
- Dust the trim around doors, windows and baseboards.
- Have the carpet cleaned.
- Call in a professional to inspect your cooling system.
- Clean ducts of mold, dust and dirt.
- Change out the filters.
For more ways to keep your home in top-shape, check out our Maintenance Tips and Schedules.