Thoughtful design is a gift that every landscaper, developer, and city planner can give to their clients and communities. As builders and planners, we try to seize every opportunity for putting mindfulness and creativity into landscape design. Our main endeavor is creating something very special for each family home and community center that we build.
The Proof Is In The Pudding At The NEXTadventure™ Home
The NEXTadventure™ Home is a showcase single-family home designed specifically with the 55 and better market in mind.
This house that we’re building in Clermont, Florida is a true labor of love. We’re shining a light on the very best that the homebuilding industry, Waldrop Engineering, and Taylor Morrison have to offer in celebration of the International Builders Show 2017.
We have worked in true collaboration with everyone involved on the project since Day 1. The team has an undeniable synergy that makes it easy to make each and every detail sing. In particular, working in conjunction with the interior design team has paved the way for us to meld the indoor and the outdoor living spaces in a way that feels refreshingly open. We’ve achieved fluid connectivity from the mailbox to the back fence and everywhere in between.
It’s Easier Than You Think To Deliver WOW!
Materials and landscape technology have evolved to provide an infinite number of combinations and patterns for stunning visual and design aesthetics. What’s more, new construction boasts low maintenance features and benefits.
Here are some things that we’ve learned along the way.
- Keep innovating ways to create a seamless transition from indoors to outdoors, and vice versa. Make every green space pedestrian-friendly.
- Amplify practicality and engineering to create a sustainable plan that’s built to last.
- Make it happen with a team of people that you respect and who contribute in remarkable ways to the overall outcome of the project. Great design doesn’t happen in a vacuum.
- Think out of the box with unexpected material choices. (Ever used Astroturf spacers? They’re awesome. You’re welcome.)
- Design pros are your best asset and will be a real asset to your team.
- Design is a process. It takes layers and layers of good ideas to bring together a show-stopping green space. The best designs don’t happen overnight.
- It helps to have an open-minded client. It helps even more if you check your ego at the door.
Tell us how you bring big design thinking to your work on Twitter at @taylor_morrison. We’d love to know what you’re up to. Watch the progress of The NEXTadventure™ Home using #nextadventurehome on Twitter.