Hearts, flowers, sweets and romance. Valentine’s Day inspires thoughts of love and a table set for delicious treats. This year, skip the date out on the town and create DIY Valentine’s Day Brunch that will warm the heart and delight the taste buds.
It doesn’t matter if it’s just you and your sweetie or the whole family—you can have a memorable day and have fun making Valentine’s fun and special together. If you live in one of our homes in Southern California, consider dining alfresco. Do you make snowy Denver home? Maybe stay inside by a cozy fire and indulge on things warm and chocolaty.
Recipes for a Yummy Valentine’s Day
Here are some delicious ideas for making Valentine’s Day taste extra special:
Chocolate and Strawberry Waffles Recipe
- Sweeten up your morning with a special brunch of chocolate waffles with fresh strawberries. Make extra waffles and freeze the leftovers to enjoy during the week. Just pop them in the toaster and you’re set. Besides strawberries, have some other goodies on hand like chocolate chips and whipped cream.
Fluffy Pancakes Recipe
- If you don’t want to get out the waffle iron, strawberries and sweet pancakes are a great option. The author calls this recipe The Best Pancakes, an homage to those yummy pancakes Grandma used to make. The ingredients are items you’re likely to have on hand, which makes the recipe simple and easy.
Heartfelt Toast Recipe
- This recipe takes toast to a whole luscious knew level. All you need is bread, eggs, salt and pepper, and red food coloring. Cut a little heart into the middle of each piece of bread for the egg. In the end, you’ll have tasty toast with a red egg heart in the middle.
Cupid Floats Recipe
- If you have kids, let them have some fun making these Valentine’s Day floats with you. Make them right before dinner and sip and savor while you eat or save them for dessert. Keeping with the red theme, add cherry soda to a glass of vanilla ice cream and make red licorice straws for the finishing touch.
Sundry Sweet Treats Recipe
- Make one or several of these treats. They’re perfect as a finishing dessert or simply a celebratory sweet. Your heart may go aflutter going through these delightful recipes. Whichever one you go with, you can’t go wrong!
We ❤ SomeWhatSimple
These ideas come from the SomewhatSimple blog, a favorite around here. The love between Taylor Morrison and blogger Stephanie is mutual. She has documented the construction of a big, beautiful new home by Taylor Morrison for her, her husband and five children.
Have a delicious Valentine’s Day! How will you and yours be celebrating this year? Share your favorite brunch recipes and plans in the comments section below.