Take a Dallas Day Trip
Life in the suburbs is wonderful. It’s peaceful and relaxing – but nothing gets your juices flowing like an exciting trip to the big city!
Taylor Morrison wants to help you get the most out of your new Dallas home. This simple guide will get you acquainted with hot Dallas neighborhoods and provide all the details for a thrilling day under the skyscrapers.
Meet Your Neighbors
New to Dallas? You’ll love this handy neighborhood guide. Let’s start by looking at the main tourist corridor:
- Downtown – Did you know that Dallas has the largest urban art district in the United States? Get lost in nearly 70 acres of museums, galleries and performing arts venues. Downtown is also famous for distinctive restaurants & unique shopping opportunities.
- Uptown – One word: Trendy. Uptown is a place to let loose and have fun. Catch a Stars or Mavericks game at Victory Park or dine at one of Uptown’s fashionable eateries.
- Design District – Antiques & craft beer! Home to a selection of high-end galleries and interior design firms, the Design District is sophistication overload. A number of innovative restaurateurs call this chic Dallas neighborhood home.
- Deep Ellum – When the sun goes down, Dallas’ cool head to Deep Ellum. Excellent music venues, bars, clubs and vibrant restaurants.
Planning Your Agenda
Different strokes for different folks – Dallas offers something for everyone:
- Shop at the Neiman Marcus Flagship Store – Turn off your computer, this is the real deal!
- Take a walk on the Dallas Pedestrian Network.
- Find family-friendly activities and kid-oriented events.
- Do something quirky at the city’s most unusual attractions.
Time to Grub
Keep up to speed on Dallas’ hottest restaurants or enjoy one of our favorites:
- Breakfast: Café Brazil at 2815 Elm St in Deep Elum.
- Lunch: The Zodiac, conveniently located inside Neiman Marcus Downtown.
- Dinner: Cane Rosso at 2612 Commerce St in Deep Elum. Best. Pizza. Ever.
Taylor Morrison offers two fabulous communities in the Dallas metro area. Willowcreek at Auburn Hills in McKinney, Texas is just 45 minutes to Downtown and Waterford Point at the Tribute in The Colony is even closer.
Enjoy the best of both worlds. Tranquil suburban charm & easy access to the city!