With a lot of help from the Somewhat Simple blog, we’ve picked out some of our favorite Earth Day projects for adults and kids alike. Blogger Stephanie, a Taylor Morrison homebuyer with a new home in Phoenix, has compiled a collection of fun craft ideas.
Earth Day 2017 is celebrated on Saturday, April 22. For those interested in learning about the history of this special day visit www.earthday.org.
Earth Day 2017
- Earth Day Poem Project: Here’s a perfect printable project for preschoolers. Learn about our planet with a fun poem. Practice colors with fun green and blue tissue squares to create their own piece of Earth art.
- Fun Family Education Ideas: This article provides five great ideas for teaching children how to care for the Earth. Projects include growing a veggie patch, encourages young ones to donate their old toys and more.
- Creative Crafting: Emphasize recycling and repurposing with a fun creative project for kids. The materials include a cardboard box and some kid-friendly paint. Follow these steps with your children to make a work of art.
- Revive That Old Tire: Take an old tire and create something fun and new. Some ideas include a colorful Tire Totter, planter, end table, bike storage stand, and lots more.
- Refashion T-Shirts: Tweens, teens and parents can get into this one. Turns out there are tons of ways you can take an old t-shirt and give it a second life. Learn several ways to refashion it into something new to wear.
Celebrate the Planet Every Day!
No matter where you live, whether it’s in Steiner Ranch in Austin, a community in Orlando, or a new townhome in Southern California, have fun on Earth Day! And keep up the good work to help protect this beautiful planet of ours.