Taking full advantage of the ultimate Florida lifestyle means staying in-the-know on what’s happening near you. And with so many sunshine filled days, the events calendar in Fort Myers is chock full no matter what the season.
Check out these great Taylor Morrison’s West Florida communities.
In Time for the Holidays
Don’t feel bad if you missed the celebrated Fort Myers Christmas Boat Parade, there’s plenty of holiday fun left on the agenda and you can plan on catching it next year for the 30th anniversary run.
Here are more festive season thrills you won’t want to miss:
- Edison & Ford Winter Estates Holiday Nights – A southwest Florida tradition from November 24 – December 31 (closed Christmas Eve and Christmas). Thousands of twinkling lights and a host of special events.
- River District Holidays – Visit charming downtown Fort Myers as the River District gets into the spirit from December 4 – December 31. Take part in the Holiday Stroll and shop till you drop in the sunshine.
- Holiday House at the Historic Burroughs Home & Gardens – Built in 1901, Fort Myers’ original luxury mansion converts into a magical winter wonderland from December 8-23.
- Santa’s Dolphin Cruise – Hop aboard on Christmas Eve for a wildlife watching extravaganza.
The Big Countdown
Fort Myers real estate is counting down to more than just a new year. The highly-anticipated Estero Pointe community is coming soon and interested parties have already signed up for the VIP mailing list to receive news and updates before the general public.
New homes in Lee County, Florida and a fresh start in 2018. Here’s where to celebrate on the last day of the year:
- New Year’s Eve Downtown Countdown
- Beach Birthday Party & New Year’s Eve Fireworks
- Cape Harbour or Westin Marina Village Resort in Cape Coral
More Wintertime Fun
Welcome to a place where cold weather exists only in the movies. All this good stuff’s happening all winter long.
- Sunset Celebration at Time Square – Every Friday and Saturday, Fort Myers Beach gets hoppin’ with food, music and great times. 6-10pm.
- Live Entertainment at Miromar Outlets in Estero
- Free Movie in the Park – A Cape Coral tradition one Saturday night each month. Bring a blanket, chairs and plenty of snacks to see holiday favorites on their giant inflatable screen.
- Fort Myers Art Walk – Fourteen galleries host a self-guided tour on the first Friday of each month from 6-10pm and the following Saturday from 11am-4pm.
- Fort Myers Music Walk – Boogie down in the River District on the third Friday of the month. A free event featuring local and regional musicians across all genres. 6-10pm.
- Head to Butterfly Estates with your 4-legged friend. The Fort Myers Pet Walk is good exercise for you and great fun for furry family members. Fourth Friday of the month at 6pm.
- Bike Night and the Car Cruise-In bring hundreds of hot rods, hogs and classic cars to the streets of Fort Myers. Bike Nights for 2018 scheduled for January 13, March 10 and May 12. Car Cruise-In takes place on the fourth Sunday of each month from October through May. Free admission with music, food and fun from 12pm-4pm.
Get Back to Nature
Home buyers interested in Twin Villas at Lucaya are drawn to the community’s serene natural surroundings and variety of local activities and outdoor attractions – including living close white sand beaches!
With so many parks and nature reserves to explore, there’s never an excuse for staying in on the weekend.
And what’s best…many offer free admission!
Hear the Band Play
Head to the Shell Factory for live entertainment on the Swamp Patio.
Check the Captain Fishbones website for event schedule and details and be sure not to miss the 16th Annual Gumbo Fest on January 28.
Party Doesn’t Stop
Fort Myers is a city that loves the arts. Get out and show your appreciation for the finer things in life with a broad selection of cultural happenings.
- The Edison Festival of Light from February 10-18, 2018 is by far the biggest event of the year as the city celebrates the man who put Fort Myers on the map.
- ArtFest Fort Myers – Southwest Florida’s premier art event is set for February 3-4, 2018. Opening night celebrations scheduled for February 2.
- Cape Coral Art & Music Festival – Country, blues, jazz and rock & roll. Every genre is covered at this popular affair. January 13 from 10am-9pm and January 14 from 10am-5pm.
- Sanibel Arts & Crafts Fair – Shop over 120 artisans’ handmade work February 17-18, 2018.
- Bonita Springs National Art Festival – Over 200 local and international artists gather three times per year at one of the country’s top fine arts exhibitions. January 13-14, February 10-11 and March 3-4.
- Coconut Point Art Festivals – December 30-31 and February 17-18.
- Bonita Springs International Film Festival – Presenting over 70 carefully curated narrative, documentary, animation and short films from around the world, BIFF fosters an appreciation for film as art through workshops, demonstrations and Q & A sessions with prominent filmmakers. January 25-28.
- Twisted Strings Music Festival on January 27 and Sounds of Jazz & Blues on March 24.
- 20th Annual Student Juried Exhibition at Wasmer Art Gallery at FGCU – March 22 – April 5.
- Eat up at Taste of the Cape 2018 on April 8 and swill tasty ales & lagers at Bonita Brew Fest on February 17.
Head to the Beach
- 23rd Annual Taste of the Beach – Enjoy tasty samples from all your favorite eateries and new restaurants you’ve been waiting to try. May 6 from 11am-4pm.
- ClamJam of Southwest Florida Seafood & Music Festival – Love clams? You’ll adore ClamJam. Get ready to rock your shells off January 25-26 in Cape Coral.
There’s Something Different about Life in Fort Myers
The Florida lifestyle is unique to say the least and Fort Myers has a way of keeping you on your toes. Where else can you find a moonlit ghost walk?
But one thing’s for sure along the Gulf Coast…You’ll never be bored!