Summer’s in the rearview mirror but that’s no reason to pack away your festival shoes.
It’s easy to find something fun to pencil into your schedule this fall. Scroll down, find your Taylor Morrison new home community and be open to trying something new!
Autumn in the Arizona Desert
Arizona State Fair | October 5 – 28, 2018 | 1826 W McDowell Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85007F
- The Arizona State Fair offers all your fair favorites and a sizzling concert line-up that features superstars like Pitbull and the classic heavy metal band Anthrax. From rides & games to all the tasty fair treats you know and love, you’ll find family friendly fun all month long. Bring the little ones to see all the animals and livestock.
Arizona Fall Festival | Saturday, November 3 | 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM at Hance Park, Phoenix, AZ
- There’s no better way to celebrate the unique flavor of Arizona than the Fall Festival. From sampling local restaurants to swilling local wine & beer and listening to homegrown music, if it’s “Arizona,” you’ll find it at the Fall Festival.
Fall Activities in California
Open House & Model Train Display | November 3-4 | Saturday: 10am-5pm & Sunday: 10am-4pm | South Bay Historical Railroad Society at the Santa Clara Caltrain Station, 1005 Railroad Ave., Santa Clara, CA
- Railroad aficionados and model train lovers alike won’t want to miss their chance to see two museum-quality displays for just 5 bucks. Tour historical artifacts and step inside a 1912 Pullman first class car for a thrilling blast to the past. Swing by Saturday from noon to 3pm for live blue grass music.
Diwali Festival | October 13 | 11am-5pm | Memorial Park, 10185 N. Stelling Road, Cupertino, CA
- Celebrate diversity and intercultural understanding at the always cheerful Diwali Festival. Dance, eat and enjoy a wide variety of arts & crafts.
Elk Grove Giant Pumpkin Festival | Saturday & Sunday, October 6 – 7 | 10am-5pm | Elk Grove Regional Park
- A free event featuring all things pumpkin! Get into the fall spirit by taking part in one of the many exciting contests to be held. Show off your pumpkin growing skills at the weigh-off or cheer on the regatta racers paddling across the lake in giant carved out pumpkin canoes. There’s even a pie-eating contest.
Art San Diego | October 18–21 | Del Mar Fairgrounds – Wyland Center
- Treat yourself to an unforgettable day of cutting-edge contemporary art. Now in its 10th year, Art San Diego attracts thousands of high-end collectors to experience four days of art & entertainment from 500+ talented American and international artists.
8th Annual Redlands Oktoberfest | October 6 | 11am-7pm | Sylvan Park
- Prost! This kid-friendly fall affair is a great opportunity to experience authentic German culture in nearby Redlands, CA. Live Oompah music, delicious German and domestic beer and tasty traditional German food.
Colorado Culture Fix
Night at the Museums | November 3 | 5-10pm
- There’s no better way to get your culture on than Night at the Museums in Denver. A unique event that sees many of Denver’s top museums open their doors for free, residents can explore the past, present and future without paying a dime all evening. Museums are open late and a free shuttle service makes moving between venues a breeze. Park your car and get ready to learn.
An Illinois Bier Fest
Stammtisch Open Haus Oktoberfest | October 19 | 7:30pm | DANK Haus German American Cultural Center 4740 North Western Avenue, Chicago, IL 60625
- Free admission and plenty of yodeling! Everyone’s German for a day at Stammtisch Oktoberfest. Be sure to come with an empty stomach as there will be plenty of authentic wurst and pretzels for sale. Savor a frosty mug of German beer and raise your drink to welcome in the fall.
Fall Festivities in Texas
State Fair of Texas | Now through October 21
- Slide into your boots and head to the State Fair of Texas for barnyard fun. From music to the midway, you’ll find something for everyone both day and night. Grab a funnel cake and get ready to hoot & holler.
Texas Fireworks Dia de los Muertos Celebration | October 31 | Krieg Baseball Field
- Austin charities light up the sky with a fireworks extravaganza to celebrate Halloween and the Day of the Dead.
Texas Championship Native American Pow Wow | November 10-11 | 10am till Sundown | Traders Village, 7979 North Eldridge Road, Houston, TX
- Join a two-day Native American pow wow with tribal dancing, arts & crafts, ancient tribal ceremonies, colorful singing and so much more. There will be a giant artisan exposition where you can purchase handmade wares from tribes across the nation.
Fantastic Fall Fun in Florida
Yayoi Kusama: Love is Calling | Now through February 14 | Tampa Museum of Art
- Discover the work of one of Japan’s most celebrated artists, Yayoi Kusama. Love is Calling is as vibrant as it is creative and features a mixture of materials colors and of course her signature polka dots. Be sure to experience this exhibit while it remains in the Tampa real estate market.
Florida Wildlife Festival | October 20 | 9am-3pm | Cadwell Park, Umatilla
- Experience the native wildlife of Florida at the gateway to the Ocala National Forest. Meet wildlife experts and enjoy tours, children’s events, entertainment, food trucks and more.
Sarasota Chalk Festival | November 9-12
- Watch as the pavement is transformed into a world class art museum before your very eyes. Hundreds of sidewalk artists will wow you with images you’d never have imagined possible with chalk.
American Sandsculpting Championship & Beach Festival | November 16-25 | Fort Myers Beach
- One of the largest events of its kind in the United States. 50,000+ visitors pass through the gates each year to witness some of the most spectacular artwork you’ll ever see – all put together with nothing but beach sand and imagination.
Georgia in the Fall
Chastain Park Arts Festival | November 3-4 | Saturday: 10am-5pm & Sunday: 11am-5pm | 140 W Wieuca Rd NW, Atlanta, GA 30327
- Named as one of the top 100 craft fairs in the country, Chastain Park Arts Festival presents the perfect opportunity to get in some early holiday gift shopping. Find something unique for friends & family while picking out some new artwork for your new build Atlanta townhome.
Orange, Red & Yellow Arrive to the Carolinas
Ken’s Korny Corn Maze | September 28 to November 10
- The best of fall all in one place. Get lost in the maze, hop on for a hay ride, check out the monster truck and pick out a pumpkin to take home. Food, animals, fresh produce and farm fun for the whole family.
Carolina Renaissance Festival | Weekends from September 29 to November 18 | 10am-5:30pm | 16445 Poplar Tent Road, Huntersville
- History comes alive as visitors are instantly transported back to the middle ages. Enjoy medieval fun such as jousting, knights in shining armor, falconry and of course the feast! Shop the artisan fair for a historical souvenir.
Boo-HaHa | Wednesday, October 31 | 5:30-7:30pm | Fountain Park “Old Town” Rock Hill, SC
- Give your kids all the fun of Halloween in a safe environment. Trick or treating, spooky dancing, costume contest and much more. Live entertainment including the Southern Belle Ghostbusters.
Find Your Happy Place
Still searching for the right community for your family? Try our convenient Home Finder.
Learn more about building a new home with Taylor Morrison: