Locals always know the best-kept secrets and they’ve agreed to share a few with you:
• Hankering for seafood? Don’t miss Gil Hooley’s fresh local catch and famous smoked oysters. Or visit the exceptional seafood markets like Rose’s under Kemah bridge and make your own feast.
• T-Bone Tom’s is so good it was featured on Food Network’s Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. So drive in and dive into their awesome armadillo eggs.
• Every hour is happy hour at the Bacchus Wine Bar, a quiet, quaint place to sample inspiring vintages.
• Outriggers in nearby Kemah is the spot for great food, live music and dancing. Boaters are welcome to tie up at the dock.
• Helen’s Garden is a tranquil oasis and the perfect spot for a picnic surrounded by seasonal flowers, a spectacular waterfall and meandering walkways. Do not forget to bring your camera. Pix taken here are keepers.
• Don’t miss the events at the Kemah Boardwalk, just 1.5 miles away, like Rock the Dock, Crawfish & Wine Festivals, December Boat Parade of Lights, Friday night fireworks in June, sailboat races and Yachty Gras.