Do you deal with your kid’s room by closing the door? I have a better idea – lots of them really – to help you turn boring bedrooms into fun, multi-functional places where you child can sleep, play, learn and daydream. Not sure where to begin?
- CoolKidsRooms.com offers four quick tips to get you started plus a slide show full inspiring ideas. And Livestrong.com has some step-by-step instructions to keep you from getting overwhelmed or overspending on the project.
- Anybody who’s ever tried to get a child to eat broccoli knows that kids have strong opinions. It’s best to involve them in the decorating process.
- Is your child set on a theme? Find 27 bedrooms designed to please little fans of pirates, princesses, cartoon characters, super heroes, sports, ballerinas and more. While you’re there, check out the pink-themed rooms, 25 ideas just for boys and 17 sophisticated ideas for teens.
- See how top designers take on the challenge of children’s bedrooms in a portfolio of nearly 200 rooms ranging from contemporary to cottage. If you have a certain color in mind, there’s a color filter to narrow down the selections.
- Kids’ rooms are usually short on square footage. Get some big ideas for personalizing small spaces using color and texture and creative do-it-yourself details to turn plain little rooms into kid-appealing environments.
- If you don’t have time to make your own accessories, you’ll find a bunch of kid-cool wall art, rugs, shelving, bedding, lighting and lots of pictures to get your creative juices flowing at e-tailer Land of Nod.
Four out of 10 kids have allergies. If your child is one of them, the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology and WebMD have great advice for creating an allergy-free bedroom.
- Parents of disabled children will find 12 practical tips for setting up a bedroom for rest and play from the mother of a physically handicapped child.
- Finally, if you’re on the fence about whether or not to put a TV in your child’s bedroom, this article from USNews.com discusses why it might not be a healthy idea.
I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to dive in this weekend! Have you pulled off a bedroom makeover that you’re particularly proud of? Let us know in the comments. And stay tuned for more fun ways to turn your house into a truly inspired home.