People who live in Crystal Falls, a beautiful 5,000 acre master-planned golf community of new homes in Leander, TX count themselves lucky, and well they should. They own a dream home in the master planned community voted #1 Best Master Planned Community 2012 according to both the Austin Business Journal and the Home Builder Association. Taylor Morrison offers three communities within Crystal Falls: Crystal Cove, Mesa Oaks and The Fairways. Innovative floor plans, ranging from 1,483 sq. ft. to 4,200 sq. ft., sit on generously size sites of up to 80 ft., many which offer breathtaking views of the surrounding hill country.
Beyond the lure of these great new homes in Leander, TX, its biggest draw is its location. Crystal Falls sits within the Leander Independent School District with an on-site elementary school and a high school that offers the International Baccalaureate Program. Popular Lake Travis is just five minutes away while downtown Austin is a short 20-minute drive—and, well, who wouldn’t love to live so close to the Live Music Capital of the World?
- Austin, the third-fastest-growing city in the U.S., is ranked by Forbes as No. 1 among best big cities for jobs while Fiscal Times listed it No. 2 among the top 10 cities people moved to in 2012. In fact, laid-back Austin nudged San Francisco aside to become No. 13 among the largest U.S. cities in 2010.
- According to Lucky magazine, Austin is among the 25 best cities for shopping. TripAdvisor calls shopping in the city “a mixed bag of fun” with unique shops and great deals.
- Major employers make the Austin area home. We’re talking big hitters like Dell, IBM, 3M, Apple, Google, University of Texas, ACC, Cisco Systems and Seton.
- Austin holds the unusual honor of being lauded by both vegetarians and meat-eaters. GrubHub Inc. ranks the city No. 6 on its 10 most veggie-friendly cities in America. On the carnivore side of the menu, Austin is noted for its standing as barbeque extraordinaire by U.S. News (No. 5) and among the best burger cities by Travel + Leisure (No. 13).
- Despite a reputation for good eating, Austin is still healthy. The city ranks No. 6 on the list of the fittest large cities in America by MapMy Fitness Inc. Women’s Health magazine names Austin the 4th healthiest city for women, while BBC.com Travel names Austin as one of the healthiest cities in America.
- The entire spectrum of a career life is well represented in the city. Rent.com sites a low cost of living and the growing tech industry as a couple of the reasons Austin is the 10th best city for college graduates. In fact, tech is hot in Austin, listed by Payscale.com as an impressive No. 2 in the U.S. for technology startups. And CBS Moneywatch names Austin a great place to retire.
- Austin is green. The EPA dubs Austin No. 8 for green power. The city is also tied with Dallas, Fort Worth, Nashville, Tucson and Washington, D.C. as No. 17 on a list of America’s greenest cities.
- And then there’s the cool factor. Forbes ranks Austin among America’s Coolest Cities to Live and names East Austin No. 7 of America’s Best Hipster Neighborhoods.
- If you’re single, this is where you want to be. Austin ranked among the top five U.S. cities to find a date in 2012, and small wonder: over half of the men and women are unmarried.
- Want to be in the movies? Austin’s your city. MovieMaker Magazine lists Austin No. 1 of the Ten Best Cities in the U.S. to Live, Work, and Make Movies and No. 2 on its list of Top Cities to be an Independent Moviemaker.
- Last, as they say, but not the least? The Austin City Limits Music Festival. The incredibly popular music extravaganza has officially been expanded to two weekends so fans have a chance to snag tickets, which go faster than fast.
As Austin’s perks thrive and move ever closer, Leander residents enjoy closer proximity to the fun side of city life. And Crystal Falls is awesome Leander real estate unto itself, with two amenity centers and swimming pools, playgrounds, disc golf course, a catch-and-release lake and much more. But with Austin practically in its backyard, it truly is the buy of a lifetime.