There’s peace of mind knowing your children go to good schools. That’s why we recommend doing some research into schools before you buy a new home, including those in New Tampa, FL.
The first step in your search is to find out which schools are attended by children in the area. The 12 New Tampa public schools are considered to be among the best in Hillsborough County and all of Florida itself. GreatSchools.org, which rates schools and lets you compare them, is a good starting point for your search.
Find a Fit for Your Child’s Needs
When trying to find the ideal school for your child, consider these Four Fit Factors:
- What subjects and difficulty level would your child benefit from?
- How should your child be taught and interacted with, inside and outside of school?
- What are the social needs of your child?
- Which extracurricular activities would be good for your child?
Choose the Kind of School
After you’ve determined which schools are available in the district and your child’s particular needs, consider the type of school you’d prefer.
- Your neighborhood public schools offer a convenient option.
- Your child can also attend any charter school, regardless of the district it’s in.
- Many school districts also offer magnet schools, which usually have a specific emphasis, such as technology or art; they may also mix different grades in one class or operate year-round.
- Other school options include alternative schools, private schools and homeschooling.
Research alone won’t give you the information you need. Armed with your thoughts on what you’re looking for and which questions to ask, even a short visit to a school can help you make a final decision.
Interested in learning more? Check out these resources for choosing a school.