This Monday, in Taylor Morrison communities across America, people will be observing the Memorial Day holiday. In addition to touring some of our model homes over the long weekend, take a few moments to observe and honor members of the U.S. Armed Services who gave their lives for our freedom. Add one of these traditions to your family’s celebration.
• Fly the flag. Learn how to display and store the Stars and Stripes properly here.
• Attend a religious service or a ceremony.
• Visit a local memorial, historic site or museum honoring the military.
• Observe the National Moment of Remembrance at 3PM your time to think about the true meaning of the day.
• Thank a veteran or active service member.
• Read the Declaration of Independence aloud and talk about what it means.
• Do a patriotic craft together such as making a garland of red, white and blue paper stars. Find more ideas here.
• Have patriotic song sing-along.
• Visit a wounded warrior at a local hospital.
• See our 50 Ways to Get Inspired at Home and find ideas you can adapt for your family’s Memorial Day.
Share your celebration with us.