Taylor Morrison understands the key role a home office can play in one’s daily life. According to a 2015 Gallup poll, 37% of U.S. adults are telecommuting from home. If you’re among them or looking to set up your home office to your best advantage, here are some essentials to keep in mind:
- Peace and quiet – Give yourself some privacy to concentrate in a separate room.
- Ergonomic furniture – Invest in a desk and chair that keep you aligned properly.
- Ample work space – Choose a desk that gives you plenty of surface space.
- Good lighting – Use natural light and high-quality ergonomically placed task lighting.
- Tamed clutter – Make sure you have adequate storage with a bookcase and filing cabinet.
- Managed wiring – Go wireless if possible and do your best to keep equipment cords neat and out of the way.
- Room for guests – If you expect an occasional colleague or client visit, accommodate them with a comfortable guest chair.
- Personalization – Hang photos and art you love, add a couch, and place special touches that reflect your personal tastes.
This Taylor Morrison home in Tampa, FL is a great example of how we design dens or offices into many floor plans:
Arbor Lakes on Palmer Ranch in Sarasota, FL.
Besides three bedrooms, 2 baths and more than 2,000 sq. ft. of living space, this popular Tampa property floor plan features a den just off the foyer, making it perfect for a home office. It’s near the entrance, great for business guests, and privately tucked away from the living area. If need be, the dining room can be used for meetings.
After you’ve checked out the Pinehurst II floor plan, have fun with the online interactive tool, which lets you explore options, arrange furniture throughout the home, and get inspired for your own home office.