One of the most stressful things about Halloween—or the most fun, if you’re into it—is creating a costume. Most of us are beyond the tights-wearing super hero or coy kitten look and prefer ideas that are more family-friendly. When it comes to creative there are plenty of options. Here are some costume theme ideas the folks at Taylor Morrison would love to try.
- Wind-up Toy – Make a wind-up key to create an adorable vintage doll or toy soldier.
- Mermaid – Put the perfect polish on a mermaid costume with this makeup tutorial.
- No-Sew Scarecrow – Perfect! A quick and cute DIY kids’ costume, no sewing required.
- Russian Nesting Dolls – Be a babushka and dress your little ones to go as a set of sweet Russian nesting dolls.
- Popeye and Olive Oyl – Get crafty and put together a trio of costumes transforming to be Popeye, Olive Oyl and Swee’Pea.
- The Price is Right – The next contestant please! Be Bob Barker and the Next Contestant from this famous game show.
- Where’s Waldo and Madeline – Bring these beloved children’s book characters to life for the night.
- 3-2-1, Lift Off – Blast around this atmosphere by making your own rocket astronaut costume.
- Beanie Babies – What is sweeter than a family of Beanie Babies?
And remember: Halloween’s a great time for festive decorations, too. So dress up your home in Dallas or Southern California, and set the stage for a scary fun holiday.