Watching your babies fly the nest is an exciting yet stressful life milestone. Whether your child is already at school, ready to graduate or a high school senior touring campuses for next year, use this guide to plan your trip and discover fun things to do – we’ve even included links to nearby Taylor Morrison communities if you’re considering moving closer to your son or daughter’s school.
Tips on Reserving Accommodation
Even if your child lives off campus, it’s probably a good idea to book a comfy room somewhere else. Here are a few ideas to guide your search:
- For those who prefer the comfort of traditional hotels, browse Hotels.com for special deals and a great selection.
- Find your home away from home with VRBO vacation rentals.
- Book a room or an entire property through AirBnB.
- Use Bring Fido to find dog friendly lodging and take your pooch along.
Where are you Visiting?
California | Colorado | Texas | Illinois | Florida | North Carolina
Bay Area Homes and World Class Education
Three outstanding south bay communities are within a short drive of these great schools:
Things to do:
- San Jose – No trip to the Silicon Valley is complete without a visit to the Tech Museum.
- Los Gatos – Enjoy a tasting at the Mountain Winery or stroll the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
- Catch an A’s game, get tickets for the Greek Theatre or explore a variety of fantastic local activities in Orinda or Martinez.
Cal State East Bay and Other East Bay Colleges
A pair of bay area new home communities are within an easy commute:
Things to do:
- San Ramon – Hike in Las Trampas Wilderness Area or tour the many Livermore Valley wineries.
- Dublin – See the wildflowers at Mount Diablo State Park or shop the Dublin Farmer’s Market.
Stanford University is also a pleasant drive away along the peninsula.
Schools in Sacramento
William Jessup University shares Rocklin, CA with 3 fabulous communities. When visiting, consider staying at the gorgeous Flower Farm Inn. Make plans to raft the American River, experience Old Town Sacramento and explore Rocklin.
The University of Colorado in Boulder is one of the most respected large universities in the country. Just down the road is Skyestone, a unique lifestyle community geared towards active people 55+. It’s never too late to get a degree or participate in the universities Continuing Education program.
In fact, Denver Division Marketing Manager Valerie Varney is a proud Buff!
It’s easy to plan a fun weekend as Broomfield enjoys access to a number of golf course, ski resorts and mountain trails for hiking.
Austin Hill Country
- Texas State University at Round Rock Campus is near the popular Vizcaya community. Local lodging options include the quaint Pecan Manor B & B and the San Gabriel House. Local interests include watersports at Lake Austin or Lake Travis.
- Concordia University Texas is near Montebello.
- Visiting the University of Houston Sugar Land makes it easy to see the stunning luxury homes at Avalon at Riverstone. Pick up tickets to a Sugar Land Skeeters minor league baseball game or browse local activities.
Michelle Holm of Taylor Morrison Chicago graduated from NIU in 2007. The school offers a large, beautiful campus and their business program ranks #4 in Chicago and in the top 100 nationally.
Tampa is University Central
- University of South Florida, University of Tampa, Eckerd College, St. Leo University and Stetson Law at Tampa
With over a dozen communities to choose from, it’s easy to find a new home in Tampa.
And planning your trip is easy with Disney, Universal and a host of other fantastic tourist attractions.
Three west Florida communities are within a short commute of FGCU:
It’s no surprise that the Research Triangle is home to a wealth of higher education institutions:
- North Carolina State University
- Duke University
- UNC at Chapel Hill
- Meredith College
- Saint Augustine’s College
- William Peace University
- Wake Technical Community College
- Shaw University
With so many great schools in the same area, it’s easy to find a community nearby:
- Explore Apex – Things to Do
- Discover Durham and Grandin Trace – Things to Do
- Wake Forest – Things to Do
- Cary and The Estates at Weldon Ridge – Things to Do
Where Are You Headed?
Taylor Morrison takes great pride in the local universities that serve our communities.
Let us know in the comments which colleges you plan on visiting this year. We’d love to hear from you.