Looking for cool kid friendly stuff to do this summer that won’t set you back an arm and a leg? Taylor Morrison has got you covered! Our blog team scoured the web to find truly unique activities near all our new home communities across the USA.
Get out this summer and explore the best of America, from sea to shining sea.
The Tarheel State
- Charlotte – Help your little ones get their learn on at Discovery Place Children’s Museum. Cool off at Ray’s Splash Planet Waterpark or purchase discounted tickets online for Carowinds theme parks.
- Raleigh – Get hands on with dozens of imaginative interactive exhibits at Marbles Kids Museum downtown. Check out Raleigh real estate’s fantastic selection of family fun centers.
The Sunshine State
- Fort Myers / Naples – Support Florida’s native butterfly population at the Butterfly Estates. For more fun with Mother Earth, visit the Shell Factory Nature Park. The Children’s Museum of Naples is a brain building powerhouse and Fridays are FREE for kids at the Rookery Bay.
- Orlando – The littlies love the Crayola Experience while big kids can’t wait to hit the paintball field.
- Sarasota – Explore the wonders of the sea at MOTE Aquarium. Then go airborne at the Sky Zone.
- Tampa – It’s not summer without a trip to Adventure Island. Relive Tampa’s historical past at the Plant Museum.
The Peach State
- Atlanta – Introduce your little ones to the magic of puppetry! Check out the mammoths & mastodons at the Fernbank Museum of Natural History.
The Prairie State
- Chicago – Get active at the North Wall Rock Climbing Gym. For two levels of laser tag fun, head to Cyber Space.
The Lone Star State
- Houston – See the Astros play at Minute Maid Park or have an incredible underwater adventure at the Downtown Aquarium.
- Dallas – It’s museum time in Dallas. Check out the Native Texas Butterfly House at the Heard Museum of Natural History or see the choo-choos at the Museum of the American Railroad.
- Austin – Play putt-putt golf and ride the train at Cedar Rock Railroad. Meet all the animals at the Austin Zoo.
The Centennial State
- Denver – Splish & splash your way to summertime fun at Waterworld. Explore, climb and conquer at Jungle Quest.
The Grand Canyon State
- Phoenix – Sign your kids up for Summer Camp at Makutu’s Island Family Fun Center. Blast off at the Arizona Challenger Space Center.
The Golden State
- Bay Area – Emma Prusch Farm Park offers a host of fun & educational summer programs for kids. Take the family hiking in Las Trampas for an escape from urban life. Pixieland is a fantastic little amusement park in the East Bay and AMES Research Center offers free tours to learn about NASA.
- Sacramento – Scientific adventures await at the Powerhouse Science Center. Enroll the kids in classes or visit the Planetarium. Imagine, play and learn at Fairytale Town.
- Los Angeles County – Experience tons of technologically advanced fun at Rolling Robots summer camp. Get in touch with local sea life at the Abalone Cove Ecological Reserve.
- Orange County – Instill a love of the arts in your kids by introducing them to the joy of making pottery at the Ceramics Studio. For science fun, head to the Discovery Cube.
- San Diego County – Check out the Summer Concert Series at the San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum. Niki de Saint Phalle’s Queen Califia’s Magical Circle is a delight that must be experienced to be understood.
From all of us at Taylor Morrison, we wish you and yours a happy summer vacation!