Don’t pack away your hiking boots just yet – there’s plenty of summer left to enjoy! Outdoor fun near your favorite Taylor Morrison new home community is just a click away.
Every one of our new construction homes is located near the best of America’s great outdoors. Find your state. Find your community. Immerse yourself in nature.
- Alameda County offers many attractions for nature lovers. Go swimming at Crown Memorial State Beach or opt for 2-wheeled fun with Pedal Beach rentals. Unique guided cycling tours available with I Bike Daily.
- From Walnut Creek it’s all about the whitewater rafting! For fantastic hiking try Diablo Foothills Park or Castle Rock Regional Recreation Area. At Castle Rock you’ll also find a huge pool and excellent picnic facilities.
- In San Jose you’re never too far from a gorgeous stroll on the Los Gatos Creek Trail, Guadalupe River Trail or the popular Coyote Creek Parkway. Try something new by learning to climb with Castle Rock Climbing School.
- Enjoy the thrill of rafting with WET River Trips or stretch your legs at nearby William Land Park or McKinley Park. For a day trip consider Stevens Trail or Loch Leven Lakes.
- LA County – Mount your loyal steed for a gallop with Sunset Ranch Horseback Riding or Griffith Park Horse Rentals. Explore the Santa Monica Mountains at Temescal Gateway Park.
- Orange County – William R. Mason Regional Park in Irvine features a gorgeous 9-acre lake plus biking and hiking trails. You’ll find nature and living history together in harmony at Bommer Canyon Trail. Hit the water with Balboa Kayaks!
- San Diego County – Grab your snorkel & fins and head to La Jolla Cove or head to the hills at the world renowned Torrey Pines State Reserve. Four-legged family members love the Ocean Beach Dog Beach, one of the first leash-free beaches in the USA.
- Extreme hikers can’t get enough of the two intense trails at Camelback Mountain. You’ll also find three more popular trailheads at the Sonoran Reserve. Looking for proper mountain peaks? Check out North Mountain & Shaw Butte.
- There’s never a shortage of outdoor fun in the Rockies! Adrenaline seekers will love AVA Rafting & Zipline or Denver Climbing Company. More low key natural wonders can be found biking along the South Platte River Trail or walking the High Line Canal.
- Connect with Mother Nature at the Barton Creek Greenbelt or rent a kayak, canoe or stand-up paddleboard with Rowing Dock. A great hike for all skill levels is the Turkey Creek Trail.
- Get lost in the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens before spending a lovely afternoon boating at nearby White Rock Lake. For excellent hiking you can’t go wrong with the Katy Trail.
- Horse lovers can saddle up at Cypress Trails Ranch or the Houston Police Stables. For self-propelled adventures look to Terry Hershey Park or the popular White Oak Bayou Greenway.
- For gorgeous waterfalls and historic Civil War era landmarks head to the Cascade Springs Nature Preserve Trail. For bird watching and the “famous” Doll Head Trail, head to Constitution Lakes. A scenic hike with fishing opportunities can be found at East Palisades above the Chattahoochee River.
- Fort Myers & Naples is pretty much a golfer’s paradise. Hit the open sea for heart pounding charter fishing action or enjoy a relaxing beach day at San Carlos Bay.
- The Tibet-Butler Preserve offers a pleasant walk through the best nature has to offer. Water sports enthusiasts will want to check out kayak & canoeing opportunities and for nighttime fun, take a spooky stroll with American Ghost Adventures.
- Nathan Benderson Park is a unique 600-acre facility focused on rowing and other outdoor recreational sports. Watch the sun drop into the sea at South Lido or hike through the extraordinary Myakka River Park.
- A water sport unique to Tampa! Check out the water bikes. Explore Hillsborough County along the Upper Tampa Trail or visit the manatees.
North Carolina & South Carolina
- It’s hard to imagine a more beautiful getaway than Lake Norman. For more exciting watersports, get involved with the US National Whitewater Center.
- Enjoy wetlands, scenic views and thrilling suspension bridges at the Neuse River Trail. Experience a treetop adventure like never before with Go Ape or TreeRunner.
Have fun out there and don’t forget to pack your sunscreen!