From dressing the tree, to baking and decorating sweet holiday cookies, December is filled with a whirlwind of seasonal traditions. And when the sun goes down, nothing brings out the festive spirit better than a drive or stroll through millions of dazzling holiday lights.
Find the lighting display wizards in your community with the Taylor Morrison Holiday Lights Viewing Guide. There’s a sparkly good time near you!
California | Arizona | Colorado | Texas | Illinois | Georgia | Florida | South Carolina | North Carolina
- Widmer-World is an absolute must see and it’s just 15 minutes from new Bay Area homes at Ivy Oak. Head to 3671 Chelsea Court in Pleasanton and see how one family has turned creating a winter wonderland into a yearly tradition.
- A half-hour drive from Indigo in San Jose lands you in the spectacular Fantasy of Lights of Vasona Lake County Park. The entrance is found at 333 Blossom Hill Road in Los Gatos with tickets available for both walk-thru and drive-thru tours.
- Anyone who owns Sacramento real estate should familiarize themselves with the Theater of Lights. An annual event just 30 minutes from Paloma at Caselman Ranch, a jaunt through Old Town Sacramento during the Theater of Lights is a magical holiday treat.
- LA County – Embark on an International Holiday Expedition from December 13 – January 7 at the Queen Mary. The country’s first ever ice adventure park is located 35 minutes from Sol y Mar in Rancho Palos Verdes at 1126 Queens Highway in Long Beach. Don’t forget your mittens.
- Orange County – The Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade and Ring of Lights is back for it’s 109th season. Residents across So Cal should make the trip December 13-17 and those living at Echo 56 should visit twice. It’s just that phenomenal.
- New build homes in Mesa, AZ are just fifteen minutes from the bright illuminations of the Christmas Lights on the Mesa Arizona Temple Grounds. An incredible display featuring hundreds of thousands of lights and flower gardens makes it easy to celebrate the season. Swing by 525 East Main Street in Mesa from November 24 through December 31. Open nightly from 5:00-10:00pm.
- The Winter Nights Lights Drive is a Denver tradition in the Meadows and Castle Rock. A community holiday lighting competition where everyone in the neighborhood pulls out all the stops is a sight to be seen. Visit the Grange on December 14 from 5:30-8:00pm to take part in the fun. 3692 Meadows Boulevard in Castle Rock.
- Both Terrain Ravenwood and Sterling Ranch are located nearby. Sterling Ranch is set to be one of the select new home communities to come to the exciting Providence Village project in Littleton, Colorado.
- As residents of Travisso, Crystal Falls and Reunion Ranch prep for the holiday season, the Parks & Rec Department in Round Rock are busy planning a festive celebration of their own.
- A free event at 3300 East Palm Valley Boulevard in Round Rock, the Christmas Towne at the Old Settlers Association brings a sleigh full of holiday cheer to town December 14-23. Enjoy a tunnel of lights, tasty food booths and exciting carnival rides.
- Get your tickets for the Miracle on 34th Street Classic Radiocast presented by Penfold Theater Company. The show plays from November 30 – December 23 at Old Settlers Hall next door to the Christmas Towne.
- A short drive from Waterford Point at the Tribute, Christmas in the Square in Frisco offers holiday lights and fun for all ages. Come for the ice skating and stay for the music, food and a host of surprises. 8874 Coleman Boulevard in Frisco through New Year’s Eve.
- New Houston homes in Richmond are just down the road from the Holiday Lights at Constellation Field in Sugarland. Now through January 8, 2.5 million lights illuminate to form the ultimate Christmas escape. Open 6:00-9:00pm Sunday-Thursday and 6:00-10:00pm on Friday and Saturday nights. Christmas movies, excellent shopping, delicious holiday food and a visit from Santa Claus.
- Philips Park in Aurora (1000 Ray Moses Drive) is home to always popular Festival of Lights. Experience this drive-thru event from now through the day after Christmas. Sunday-Thursday 5:00-9:00pm and open till 10:00pm on the weekends. Just twenty minutes from Verona Ridge.
- Given that Alpharetta is one of Atlanta’s most sought-after suburbs, it’s no surprise that the neighborhood is home to one of the most extravagantly decorated homes in the region.
- Christmas in Castille at 4220 Tivoli Way in Alpharetta is a synchronized light show like you’ve never seen. Stop by Thursday through Sunday from 6:00-9:00pm from December 4-23 to experience the magic.
- Not far from Loggerhead Marina is a place where magic comes to life. A visit to the Oakdale Christmas House in St. Petersburg is a holiday tradition around these parts and a great way to jumpstart the season. 2719 Oakdale Street through January 3.
- Light Up UCF is Orlando’s cure to the holiday lights blues in Oviedo. Now through December 31 you’ll find ice skating, rides, holiday music, pictures with Santa and more. 12777 Gemini Boulevard North in Orlando.
- Lights in Bloom in Sarasota takes sparkling fun to the next level. December 21 through 30 from 6:00-9:00pm at 900 South Palm Avenue in Sarasota.
- The 61st Holiday House presented by the Fort Myers Woman’s Community Clubs opens its doors on December 8 at 2500 1st Street in Fort Myers. Open nightly from 5:00-9:00pm through the 23rd, the Holiday House offers something for everyone just 25 minutes from Lucaya.
- Night Lights in the Garden is the premier holiday lighting event in Naples. Thousands of twinkling stars brighten the already stunning botanical gardens for an evening of music, magic and holiday treats. Tickets must be purchased in advance at the Naples Botanical Garden. Event runs from December 8 through January 3 except for closures on the 24th, 25th and 31st. Just minutes from Esplanade at Hacienda Lakes.
- Residents of Cobblestone Manor should consider the short trip to McAdenville for their Christmas Extravaganza. Christmas town runs from December 2-26 on Main Street.
- Make plans to come for the official lighting of the Christmas tree on the evening of the 1st.
- Explore a different kind of holiday lights at the NC Chinese Lantern Festival at the Booth Theatre in Cary. Open now through January 4 near Ridgefield Farms. Tuesday through Sunday 6:00-10:00pm with special opening on Christmas and New Year’s Day.
May Your Holiday Season Shine Bright
From all of us at Taylor Morrison, we hope you get the chance to get out and experience a holiday lights spectacular near you.