When it comes to capturing the famed “fun in the sun” lifestyle, it’s hard to beat southwest Florida. White sand beaches, turquoise water, wildlife, fishing, golf and culture. From Tampa to Naples, the Gulf Coast offers an endless supply of entertainment and adventure.
To celebrate the Grand Opening of Taylor Morrison’s freshest development, Estero Pointe, we thought it would be a fantastic idea to write up a fun article about life in the Southwest Florida.
Situated midway between Fort Myers and Naples, the Estero area offers a perfect location for new home buyers seeking the best of Florida living in a tranquil, small town setting.
If you’re in the market for a new home in Fort Myers or Naples real estate, living in-between! It’s easy to fall in love with the Estero Pointe.
Nuts & Bolts | Background & History
Estero is Spanish for estuary and up until the 1970s most development in the area was concentrated near the inlets and waterways running along the Estero River and Bay. The original settlers mostly made a living with citrus farms and for most of the 20th century the area remained part of unincorporated Lee County.
Fast forward to the early 2000s and the area underwent a real estate boom. As more people migrated to the region to soak up relaxed Florida living, large commercial projects such as Coconut Point Mall helped build the area into a true community.
Vibrant Tourism & The Great Outdoors
Known as a place to unwind and relax, more visitors to southwest Florida are including Estero into their itineraries than ever. From the ecotourist to the history buff, there’s something for everyone.
- Happehatchee Center | 8791 Corkscrew Rd., Estero, Florida 33928 | 239-992-5455
- Koreshan State Park |3800 Corkscrew Road, Estero, FL 33928 | 239-992-0311
- Mound Key Archaeological State Park | C/O Koreshan State Park, 3800 Corkscrew Road, Estero, FL 33928 | 239-992-0311
- Explore the estuary via kayak with Estero River Outfitters or College of Life Foundation.
- Check out The Local’s Guide to Annual Events
And don’t forget about the incredible beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel.
Setting Up Shop in the Fort Myers & Estero Area
Looking for a one-stop shop with contact details for all local utilities? Here you go:
- Power: Florida Power and Light
- Water: Lee County Utilities or Bonita Springs Utilities
- Garbage Collection: Lee County Solid Waste
- Cable, Internet, Phone: Xfinity, CenturyLink or Summit Broadband
Opportunities for Learning
The telltale sign of a tightknit community is the presence of great libraries and schools. In the Village of Estero, education is taken very seriously.
- South County Regional Library | 21100 Three Oaks Parkway, Estero, FL 33928 | 239-533-4400
- Pinewoods Elementary (K-5) | 11900 Stoneybrook Golf Drive, Estero, FL 33928 | 239-947-7500
- Three Oaks Middle School (6-8) | 18500 Three Oaks Parkway, Fort Myers, FL 33967 | 239-267-5757
- Estero High School (9-12) | 21900 River Ranch Road, Estero FL 3392 | 239-947-9400
Shopping & Dining
Being centrally located between Fort Myers and Naples means you’ll never be at a loss for finding a new and exciting restaurant to add to your to-do list – but there are plenty of tasty eateries right around the corner in Estero, too.
Full your tummy and then fill your shopping bag!
- Coconut Point, A Simon Mall | 23106 Fashion Dr, Estero, FL 33928-2528 | 239-992-9966
- Corkscrew Village | 21301 S Tamiami Trail, Estero, FL 33928 | 561-630-2300
- Estero Town Commons (Lowe’s, Dollar Tree and more) | 10011 Town Commons Dr, Estero, FL 33928 | 317-577-5600
- Miromar Outlets | 10801 Corkscrew Rd, Estero, FL 33928 | 239-948-3766
From movies to live theater, performing arts, concerts and the thrills of minor league ice hockey, there’s always excitement on the cards in and around Estero.
- Germain Arena | 11000 Everblades Pkwy, Estero, Florida 33928 | 239-948-7825
- Ghostbird Theater Company
- Regal Coconut Point Stadium 16 | 8021 Cinema Way Estero, FL | 844-462-7342 ext 1517
- Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall | Located on the campus of Florida SouthWestern State College 8099 College Parkway, Fort Myers, FL 33919 | 800-440-7469
- Naples Philharmonic | 5833 Pelican Bay Boulevard, Naples, Florida 34108-2740 | 800-597-1900
Enjoy this local guide to annual events in Ft. Myers and Estero area.
The Blue Zone Project works hard to promote happier, healthier lifestyles in SW Florida. Get involved with plenty of exercise and good choices.
- Healthy Life Center | 23190 Fashion Drive, Suite 105, Estero, FL 33928 | 239-495-4475
Skating & Golf
- Germain Arena Recreational Rinks |11000 Everblades Parkway, Estero, FL 33928 | 239-948-PUCK (7825)
- Stoneybrook Golf Club | 21251 Stoneybrook Golf Blvd. Estero, FL 33928 | 239-948-3933
- Old Corkscrew Golf Club | 17320 Corkscrew Rd., Estero, FL 33928 | 239-949-4700
- Additional golf courses in Estero.
Get involved in the community with volunteer opportunities:
- Koreshan State Park | 3800 Corkscrew Road, Estero, FL 33928 | 239-992-0311
- Interfaith Charities of South Lee | 239-267-3510
Hospitals & Urgent Care
Healthcare that’s second to none:
- LCH HealthPark Medical Center |9981 S. HealthPark Drive, Fort Myers, FL 33908 | 239-343-5000
- LCH Gulfcoast Medical Center | 13681 Doctors Way, Fort Myers, FL 33912 | 239-343-1000
- NCH North Naples Hospital | 11190 Healthpark Blvd., Naples, FL 34110 | 239-552-7000
- Bonita Community Health Center | 3501 Health Center Boulevard, Bonita Springs, FL 34135 | 239-949-1050
- Urgent Care of SWFL | Estero Medical Center, 10201 Arcos Ave., Suite 105, Estero, FL 33928 | 239.333.2273
- Estero Urgent Care | 9250 Corkscrew Road #18, Estero, FL 33928 | 239.948.1310
It’s Finally Here
February 10th and 11th marked the Grand Opening for Taylor Morrison’s long-awaited Estero Pointe community. Designed to suit Florida home buyers searching for a quiet escape from the rat race, the layout is simply stunning.
64 homesites surround a gorgeous lake with preserve views in every direction. Buyers will be able to choose from 4 of our most popular floor plans.
Don’t forget to Join the VIP Interest List to receive updates on community progress, special events, promotions and more.
In a rush to begin your Florida dream straight away? No problem, Pebble Pointe at the Brooks is located in beautiful Estero and has homes ready now for quick move-in.
>> View Ready Now Homes <<
Set on a pristine lake in a great location, the community is a fabulous choice for dog lovers with a bark park available onsite.