Let the Sunshine 365
Winter weather can be wonderful. After all, you can’t build a snowman out of sand. But if you’ve ever thought about saying good-bye forever to snow tires and swapping your parka for a swim suit, we can’t say we’d blame you. Far from it. In fact, we’re about to entice you into pursuing that dream! First, we’ll tempt you with the benefits to becoming a year-round resident of a state where sunshine is a common occurrence even in January. Then we’ll share all the Taylor Morrison communities ready to give you a very warm welcome.
You can take the plunge and make your home in the sun 365. Or you can ease into with a second residence in a sunshine state. Up to you. Either way, you’ll soon discover what a great lifestyle awaits.
Sunshine Makes You Happier & Healthier
- It’s a scientific fact that the sun’s rays promote serotonin production in your brain. It’s a natural happiness hormone and beneficial in reducing stress. If you suffer from winter blahs, it could be a lack of daily exposure to sunshine.
- Your body needs sunshine to produce Vitamin D. The Sunshine Vitamin is good for your bones, blood pressure and immune system. It also revs up your metabolism, which can help you shed those extra pounds.
- When the sun is out, you’ll more likely to go outside and enjoy it. Heck, you might even start doing healthy, relaxing things walking, riding a bike, maybe even jogging.
Sunbelt Living is for Everyone
Yes, moving to a warm sunny place is a retirement dream for many. But there are plenty of people in various age groups who are discovering the advantages of warm-state living. For instance:
- Cities in sunny states like Florida, Arizona and Texas routinely make US News Best Places to Live lists thanks to community amenities, outdoor recreation and, of course, great weather.
- The cost of living is often lower. Depending on where you live, you may have low to no state tax. Winter energy costs will be lower. You won’t need to buy a winter wardrobe. You won’t need to invest in stuff like space heaters, snow tires, snow blowers, etc.
- Companies like living in warm places, too. Lots of them have relocated or opened branches in the sunny states. That can mean better job opportunities.
- As more companies and people move to the warmer states, communities respond with new schools, new healthcare facilities, parks, recreation and more. All of which, add greatly to the quality of your life, no matter what your age.
Curious about who’s moving to sunny climes from where and why? This 2017 Allied Van Lines State Magnet Report has some eye-opening statistics.
Say YES to a Year-Round Life in the Sun
The day may come when you finally decide that 10 days in Florida or a couple weeks in Arizona just aren’t long enough. It could be that you’re simply tired of the pre-vacation stress of packing and the multi-page check list of things you must attend to before you can leave. Or it could be those compelling points we’ve made have convinced you. YAY! Now let’s look at all the options Taylor Morrison offers for year-round sunny state living.
Freestyle in Charlotte, North Carolina
With great job opportunities, history, culture and fabulous recreation, Charlotte is a great place to live, work and play.
- Pinnacle at Wellington Chase offers a relaxed, enjoyable maintenance-free lifestyle. Streets lined with mature trees give Pinnacle the inviting ambiance of a classic southern neighborhood. Community amenities include a junior-size Olympic pool, tennis, basketball and a Clubhouse. Sales office at 2080 Wellington Chase Drive, Concord, NC 28027. Call 704-793-4827.
- See all Taylor Morrison Communities in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Retreat to Raleigh, North Carolina
Raleigh puts you in the center of North Carolina’s growing high-tech industries, surrounded by southern charm and natural beauty.
- Grandin Trace, a peaceful retreat between Durham, Chapel Hill and Cary, is an intimate community of luxury ranch-style homes in a serene setting. Planned amenities call for a pavilion with picnic tables and grilling, walking paths and lovely landscaped open area. Sales office at Grandale & Huntsman Drives, Durham, NC 27713. Call 919-336-0785.
- Discover all Taylor Morrison communities in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Pool Time in December…Only in Orlando
- Esplanade at Highland Ranch. The good life is here, and carefree living awaits. A full-time onsite Lifestyle Manager will point you toward social activities, recreational and relaxing facilities and community events. Pool, hot tub, clubhouse, pristine lakes, nature preserves, and nature trails will fill your days with fun and wonder. Sales center at 983 Ridgeglen Way, Clermont, FL 34715. Call 352-415-4237.
- Explore all Orlando communities by Taylor Morrison.
Featured Communities in Tampa, Florida
Tampa, long a winter vacation destination, is attracting year-round residents who want to enjoy fun, sun, professional sports and gulf coast recreation.
- Esplanade at Starkey Ranch in Odessa. If you love to relax and live to explore every possibility, this Esplanade community is for you. Located within the Starkey Ranch master plan, this gated enclave offers resort-style amenities that include pool, fitness center and sports courts. And it’s near parks, shopping, golf and beaches. Sales office at 11411 Juglans Drive, Odessa, FL 33556. Call 813-428-6995.
- Esplanade of Tampa. Live at the heart of it at this sought-after Tampa resort-style community. Enjoy a fabulous amenity campus with a full-time Lifestyle Manager to coordinate special events and activities. The community is bordered by a nature preserve that connects to Flatwoods Wilderness Park protected wetlands. Sales office at 8513 Grand Alberator Rd, Tampa, FL 33647. Call 813-330-2367.
- Take a tour of Taylor Morrison communities in Tampa, FL.
Soak in the Sun in Sarasota
- Bellacina by Casey Key. Discover your own private oasis with maintenance-free homes and resort-style amenities, amid mature trees a peaceful lake and natural preserve areas. Enjoy a lagoon pool and spa, fitness center, lighted bocce ball and sports courts. The full-time lifestyle director will point you toward all the activities. Sales office at 5512 Sentiero Drive, Nokomis, FL 35275. Call 941-313-8139.
- Cobblestone on Palmer Ranch. Enjoy natural beauty and a vibrant, active life surrounded by lakes and wetlands. You’re within walking distance of the Legacy Trail and close to upscale shops, dining, recreation, top-rated schools and the famed beaches of Siesta Key. Sales office at 4117 Cascina Way, Sarasota, FL 34238. Call 941-313-8136.
- Esplanade at Artisan Lakes. This enchanting resort-style community is a world apart close to St. Petersburg beaches and Tampa Bay. Located on 800 pristine acres dotted with lakes and nature preserves. A lighted tennis center, pet park and clubhouse with full-time lifestyle director are just a few of leisure-time offerings. Sales office at 10419 Inglewood Terrace, Palmetto, FL 34221. Call 941-882-5077.
- Esplanade on Palmer Ranch. A resort lifestyle is right outside your door in this luxurious amenity-filled community. Enjoy sports courts and hiking trails, pool and spa, amenity center with full-time lifestyle director. Choose from detached villas, garden condos and single-family homes. Sales center at 5428 Lago Maggio St., Sarasota, FL 34238. Call 941-222-0433.
- Esplanade Golf & Country Club at Lakewood Ranch. Choose from elegant single-family homes or easy-care garden condos in this gated, active-lifestyle community. Either way, you’ll enjoy the famous
- Esplanade experience with 18-hole championship golf course, fitness center, bark park, kayak launch, walking trails and adventure playground. Sales center at 13015 Malachite Drive, Lakewood Ranch, FL 34211. Call 941-799-5496.
- Learn more about all the Taylor Morrison communities in Sarasota, FL.
Daily Resort-Style Living in Fort Myers & Naples
A favorite destination for year-round sun near Florida beaches, gulf waters, shopping and dining.
- Esplanade Golf & Country Club of Naples. Whether you choose a single-family or coach home plan, every day will be filled with adventure, resort-style amenities, and natural beauty and gulf sunsets. Esplanade facilities include a cutting-edge sports center, pool, wellness center, golf and tennis. Sales center at 8705 Cavano Street, Naples, FL 34119. Call 239-249-5843.
- Esplanade at Hacienda Lakes. Live amid 150 pristine acres with lakes, winding street and mature trees, close to Marco Island a gulf beaches. Gather at the community clubhouse, relax in the pool, or enjoy a spirited game of pickle ball on the lighted sports courts. Sales center at 8603 Maggiore Court, Naples, FL 34114. Call 239-249-5844.
- See all Taylor Morrison communities in Fort Myers and Naples.
Special Southwest Florida Opportunities & Info.
This is just for you if you’re contemplating a move to Tampa, Sarasota, Naples and Fort Myers. Use this handy guide to plan your Florida vacation, learn more about the good life in Naples and don’t miss out on our special Fly By Florida Fun offer.
Featured Communities in Texas
Texas has it all. A booming economy, arts, history, excellent schools, world-class shopping, entertainment, sports and near year-round sunshine. Find your forever Texas home in our featured Houston or Dallas communities.
- Bonterra at Woodforest is a Houston-area lifestyle community just for people 55 and better. Celebrate life and all it has to offer in this 3,000-acre retreat. Resort-style amenities include pool, spa, fitness center, bocce ball and pickle ball courts and fire pit. Residents may also enjoy the many attractions of the Woodforest master plan including a 27-hole golf course. Sales center at 102 Beautyberry Court, Montgomery, TX 77316. Call 281-670-1007.
- Bonterra at Cross Creek Ranch is a new 55+ gated village within an innovative Fulshear master planned community. Designed for people who are greater than their age, it offers a life of activity, adventure and a rich palette of recreational amenities. Enjoy a pool, trails, and clubhouse with Lifestyle Director set amid a natural landscape with sparkling lakes. Sales center at 5403 Golden Manor Drive, Fulshear, TX 77441. Call 281-207-6682.
- Waterford Point at The Tribute. Let your adventure begin at this new active lifestyle community near Dallas. Enjoy resort-style living and extensive planned amenities including an infinity pool overlooking Lake Lewisville, and clubhouse with onsite Lifestyle Director. Golf at two unique courses at The Tribute. Or just roam the trails by foot or bike. Sales office at 7825 Kentmere Drive, The Colony, TX 75056. Call 214-245-0729.
Explore the Opportunities & Realize Your Dreams
The more you know about communities like those we’ve featured, the more you’ll realize what you’re missing. Take a moment to learn about our active lifestyle communities and lifestyle directors. Find out how the future of 55+ living is coming together. Take a virtual tour of NEXTadventure™, homes and communities designed for the way active adults want to live today and well into tomorrow.