Shopping for a new home in the Bay Area is often an exercise in sticker shock. Even if you earn a great salary, getting into a house you’ve been dreaming of can leave your family stressed under the weight of an enormous mortgage.
So, what if there was an alternative that makes financial sense?
It turns out there is.
Did you know that a “2017” survey by the Sacramento Bee found that over 17,000 workers commute from Sacramento to the Bay Area each day?
Compare the median home price in Sacramento to Mountain View and the reason is clear. One point three million reasons to be exact! Sacramento home buyers get a lot more house for a lot less money. So much so that opting for a morning commute or changing employers is well worth the payoff.
If rising housing prices in the Bay Area are preventing your family from living the American Dream, perhaps making the move to Sacramento is right for you.
Fresh Options for Public Transportation
New train service makes it a lot easier to handle long commutes, particularly in our connected world where commuters can use travel time to be productive and get stuff done.
And while you’re working away on the train, your family gets to enjoy life in a safe, amenity-rich community with access to fantastic school districts and outdoor recreational opportunities. Similar lifestyles can easily cost triple in the Bay Area.
Explore Sacramento New Home Communities
Taylor Morrison offers an extensive selection of new homes throughout the Sacramento region. Caselman Ranch and Madeira East in the highly sought-after Elk Grove area are two of our most popular new home areas for Bay Area transplants and commuters.
Located near highly-acclaimed schools, shopping and dining, residents enjoy the tranquility of suburban living with access to major transportation corridors.
All homes feature gourmet kitchens and spacious owners’ suites with deluxe master bath and walk-in closet.
- Paloma – Priced from the low $400s, these one and two-story homes feature 3-5 bedrooms with open-concept layouts and modern kitchens.
- Cavalo – Purchase one of the few remaining to-be-built Cavalo homes and opt for additional bedrooms, bonus rooms or a den/home office.
- Amaya – 1,500+ sq. ft. homes start at just $363,990 with 3 bedrooms & 3 bathrooms!
- Aveiro – Starting from the high $400s, choose from four unique floor plans ranging from 2,127 to 3,013 sq. ft. A perfect choice for large families, the Chloe can be optioned with up to 6 bedrooms.
- Prado – Offering four spacious homes to choose from ranging from 2,477 to 3,885 sq. ft. with spacious master suites, spa-like baths, gourmet kitchens, and unique outdoor living spaces available, Prado has exactly what you’re searching for.
- Viana – Showcasing the largest homes at Madeira East that are perfect for multi-generation living or families that enjoy their own personal space, Viana offers estate sized homes starting from the mid $600s.
Embrace the Sacramento Lifestyle
Being in the middle of everything has its advantages. Enjoy easy access to the urban delights of the Bay Area, and nearby mountains. Head out to the countryside for weekend getaways or take advantage of the lively Sacramento music scene.
From lakes & rivers to arts, culture, shopping & entertainment and a charming Old Town, Sacramento packs a much bigger punch than people realize for a city of its size.
History buffs find themselves at home here. As the jumping off point for the California Gold Rush, the area is rich with places like Sutter’s Fort where you can travel to the 1800s and revisit the area’s famous past.
Where else can you live where all this great stuff is just a short drive away?
- Lake Tahoe
- San Francisco
- Napa Sonoma
- Santa Cruz
- Lassen National Park
Say good-bye to the stress of big city life and traffic congestion. The California dream is alive and well in the state capital.
Telecommute Part or Full-Time
No morning commute is easier than rolling out of bed and strolling down the hallway to your own home office. Take conference calls in your pajamas and fire off emails in the comfort of your favorite slippers.
Today’s employers understand the value of maintaining a healthy work/life balance and you’ll never know if your boss is open to part or full-time telecommuting unless you ask!
Taylor Morrison’s award-winning floor plans offer plenty of bonus space and add-on options to convert a den or extra bedroom into a cozy work-from-home office. Just telecommuting one day a week can make living in Sac but working in the Bay a real possibility.
Take the Next Step
Make the drive to Sacramento and tour our model homes.
Experience for yourself how easy it can be to get the best of both worlds: Silicon Valley salary with Sacramento real estate prices! There’s a good chance you’ll get home and start to plan your own personal Bay Area exodus.