Whoever said you need a car to live in southern California must not have heard of Vintage in Old Town Tustin by Taylor Morrison. A new home community set in the heart of downtown Tustin, CA, walkable Orange County real estate is coming soon.
It’s the urban lifestyle many modern So Cal new home buyers are looking for. Where an evening out is no further away than out your front door and around the block.
And to get you excited about the prospect of starting a brand-new life in the soul of the city, here’s a fun guide to some of the best places to eat, drink and be merry within 10 minutes’ walk or Uber.
Honda-Ya: Japanese Tapas in a Traditional Izakaya Setting
Delicious sushi and Japanese fair in a relaxed “Japanese” pub styled environment. Affordable, tasty and bursting at the seams with character.
- Distance: 8-minute walk
- 556 El Camino Real
- 714.832.0081 | Website
Cream Pan Bakery: Life Altering Pastries & Sandwiches
Prepare to down the best strawberry croissant you’ve ever eaten in your life. Cream Pan Bakery will be your go-to joint when craving something sugary and sweet.
- Distance: 8-minute walk
- 602 El Camino Real
- 714.665.8239 | Website
Feel Like Chinese?
Craving for orange chicken, fried wontons, egg rolls, chow mein, broccoli beef or BBQ pork? Check out these three popular Chinese restaurants 6 minutes’ ride or less. Summon an Uber or be lazy and order in!
- Sichuan Impression: 13816 Red Hill Ave, 714.505.9070, Order from DoorDash.com
- China Palace: 13444 Newport Ave, 714.544.7167, Order from DoorDash.com
- China West Express: 17292 McFadden Ave, 714.544.2222, Order Online
The Black Marlin: Seafood, Grill & Tasty Cocktails
American seafood classics plus tender steaks and mouth-watering pasta. Serving fantastic food in an upscale yet casual setting, The Black Marlin offers the perfect balance between value for money and a pleasant sit-down meal.
- Distance: 4-minute walk
- 560 El Camino Real
- 714.929.7427 | Website
A Sweet Treat
Under 5 minutes on a bicycle, Afters Hand Crafted Ice Cream reminds you that “Diet Starts Tomorrow.” It’s an ice cream experience that will change the way you think about this frozen confection. 13622 Newport Ave.
Roma D’ Italia: Crispy Pizza & Italian Dishes for 50+ Years
Tustin’s original family owned & operated restaurant is just a hop, skip and a jump from your front door. Enjoy some of the finest pizza around or try the house special: Baked Mostaccioli Sigiliano with mushrooms, ricotta cheese, diced eggplant, savory meat sauce and mozzarella.
- Distance: 8-minute walk
- 611 El Camino Real
- 714.544.0273 | Website
For more Italian fun, hop on your bike for a quick 4-minute trip to Pina’s Bistro at 640 W. First St. #C. Owner, Pina, handcrafts her own sausage, manicotti, cannelloni, lasagna, gnocchi, bread and sauces! Call for reservations or to get information on daily specials 714.730.5442.
Tustin Grille: Real Sustainable American Fare
Fresh seasonal foods and house made spice blends work together to create a decidedly unique dining experience in historic downtown Tustin. Desserts are decadent and all made in house.
- Distance: 7-minute walk
- 405 El Camino Real
- 714.824.6800 | Website
Peter’s Gourmade Grill: Impeccably Simple & Delicious Food
Quite possibly the world’s most perfect burgers, gyros and sandwiches. Delightfully simple favorites redesigned by professional chef Peter Stavros.
- Distance: 5-minute bike ride
- 14311 Newport Ave, Suite A
- 714.832.2099 | Website
Time for a Taco
What’s living in southern California without access to mind blowing Mexican food? If you’re traveling on two-wheels, you’ll find these three spicy joints faster than you can strap on your helmet.
- Hole Mole: 14430 Newport Ave, 714.505.2502, Tustin’s best fish tacos plus burritos, tortas, quesadillas or bowlé
- El Camino Cafe: 195 El Camino Real, 714.573-5898, Authentic Mexican food. Period.
- The Original Taco Factory: 1455 Newport Ave, 714.731.1111, Home of the original tacos al carbon, you’ll also find Mexican breakfast favorites like chorizo & eggs or chilaquiles.
Cocktails & Date Nights
Whether you’re looking for a quite drink after work, to catch up with an old friend over a quality microbrew or a semi-wild night out on the town, there are plenty of options to enjoy an adult beverage or two in the immediate area.
- The Lost Vine – Cozy wine bar serving boutique, organic and sustainably produced wine and beer from around the world.
- The Swinging Door Saloon – A lively “dive” bar with a pair of pool tables and a fun crowd. Affordable cocktails and a laid-back vibe.
- Centro – Winery & microbrewery themed pizzeria. A unique blend of classy drinks, wood-fired pizza and artisan Italian plates.
- Tustin Inn – Cool neighborhood bar with a shuffleboard table. Cash only haunt with friendly bartenders and clientele.
Find Your Neighborhood Barista
Residents of Vintage in Old Town Tustin will enjoy a trio of trendy coffee shops to enjoy a latte, macchiato, mocha or cappuccino.
- Kean Coffee is just 3 minutes by bike and serves only the finest organic and free trade specialty coffee roasted daily. A place to hang out and build community! 13681 Newport Ave #14.
- Offering exquisitely brewed coffee and tea, 7 Leaves Café is not a coffee shop for those in a rush. Visit when you’ve got the time to savor the deep flavors of their uniquely sourced beans and delightful baked goods. 13771 Newport Ave, Suite 12.
- Free Soul Caffe – A 100% plant-based menu provides patrons an opportunity to enjoy wholesome, sustainable foods for an alternative, compassionate way of life.
Eat Fresh & Healthy
Hoof it to the Tustin Farmers Market every Wednesday (rain or shine) from 9am to 1pm at the corner of El Camino Real & Third Street. Bring your canvas shopping bags to be kind to the environment and get ready to stock your pantry with farm fresh produce and other homemade goodies. Less than 10 minutes on foot from the community.
Food & Fun
Get a little taste of all the good stuff. The Annual Totally Tustin Food & Wine Festival is your chance to get to know Tustin’s finest restaurants and wineries. Enjoy live music while you sample the best in local eats.
Don’t Miss Out!
Vintage in Old Town Tustin is coming soon. Stay up to date on the community’s progress for the best selection of new Tustin, CA homes. Join the VIP Interest List and receive periodic updates by email.