If people didn’t love choices there’d only be one flavor of ice cream, all shoes would be black lace-ups and everybody would have the same haircut. Pretty grim prospect, we agree. That’s why Taylor Morrison gives you so many different kinds of new homes to choose from. And after you’ve found just the right home, we let you make it even better with personalizing options. Whichever Taylor Morrison home you buy, it will be built with our commitment to quality—the same commitment we’ve been keeping for over 100 years—and it will include features inspired by our homeowners. That’s just how we roll.
Okay, let’s see which Taylor Morrison home type is your type, but don’t be surprised if you can’t decide. That’s what makes choices so much fun!
If you’re pretty certain you know the basic type of new homes you’re interested in we won’t mind if you scroll ahead. But before you do, keep in mind that sometimes what you think you don’t want turns out to be exactly what you were looking for. Hey, we’re just saying Taylor Morrison builds five basic types of homes:
- Single Family Detached – No neighbors upstairs, no neighbors sharing common walls, this type of home occupies its own lot.
- Condominiums – A building or complex of buildings containing a number of individually owned homes with one or more stories. Exterior maintenance and landscaping of common areas is taken care of by the Home Owners Association (HOA).
- Townhomes – Typically, a townhome is a multi-story house attached to one or more similar houses by shared walls. The HOA handles the exterior maintenance and landscaping.
- Coach Homes – Taylor Morrison coach homes can either be single-story plans or two-story with living space built over the garage. Either way, the landscaping and exterior maintenance are done by the HOA.
- Twin Villas – These single-story homes are built two to a lot and share one common wall. Here again, you leave the exterior maintenance and yard-work to the HOA.
Take a Closer Look at New Single Family Detached Homes
For many people, this is the definition of a dream home. We get it. But we also know that dreams come in different shapes and sizes. So we offer dozens of unique floor plans to fit your needs and plenty of ways to customize those to suit your style. Here are couple examples:
- Union Grove, new Charlotte North Carolina homes in Indian Trail, offers seven floor plans in single-story and two-story configurations. Some have the owner’s suite upstairs, some have it downstairs, and the Covington floor plan even provides a separate entrance to the master bedroom from the covered patio. All seven floor plans feature today’s popular open-concept layout that allow for the free flow of traffic between family room, kitchen and breakfast nook. Flexibility is built-in, too. For example, if your family isn’t the type to use a formal dining room, you can use that space for another bedroom or a study.
- Our Grand Vista community in the Houston suburb of Richmond, Texas, gives you a choice of four different homesite sizes, ranging from 45 to 70 feet, in three collections totaling 17 different one- and two-story plans and anywhere from three to five bedrooms. Want more choices? Well, depending on the plan, you can add things like an outdoor kitchen, indoor and outdoor fireplaces, a wine closet and home theater.
- Searching for a Single Family Detached Home in Florida? Learn more about Willow Point at WaterGrass
Take a Closer Look at New Condominium Homes
Condos are a popular choice for the first-time buyer, empty nesters downsizing and anyone who doesn’t want to fuss with yardwork or exterior upkeep. In some areas, they’re offer a more affordable option to single-family homes.
- Prynt is located in the California Bay area town of Milpitas. There are three-story townhome-style condos with living space built above the garage. Prynt buyers can select from 11 thoughtfully designed plans ranging from 1,695 to 2,549 square feet with two to three bedrooms. Need more sleeping space? Choose the Prynt floor plan with the first-level den. Work from home? Opt for the plan with the home office. Want a private retreat at the end of the day? You’ll definitely like the plan that includes a sitting room in the master suite.
Take a Closer Look at New Townhomes
- Brookside Lake Manor in Smyrna, Georgia near Atlanta has the charm of a traditional townhome exterior. But once you come inside, it’s thoroughly modern layout makes smart use of every square foot. Each of the three-story plans includes a flexible space on the terrace level that can be easily converted to a guest suite, extra bedroom, media room or home office. Other options include a fireplace in the gathering room. There’s also outdoor living area with each plans and ample storage in the two-car garage. All plans feature a third-level owner’s suite.
Take a Closer Look at New Coach Homes
- Vitale VII, one of four unique plans offered at Esplanade Golf and Country Club Naples Coach Homes is well-suited for downsizers who want to enjoy the signature Esplanade inspired lifestyle and resort-style amenities. The single-story, two-bedroom plan features a spacious living room leading to the covered lanai. If you need a bit more space, consider the 3-bedroom two-story Bellisimo VII right next door, with living space above the two-car garage.
Take a Closer Look at New Twin Villas
- Twin villas are like a modern spin on the duplex only a whole lot hipper especially when your twin villa is located at Esplanade at Hacienda Lakes in Naples. When you’re not living the Esplanade active lifestyle, you’ll be living the good life in an open-concept floor plan like the Ibis. Coming soon, this single-story plan combines ample space for entertaining and privacy. The den can quickly become a guest room or hobby space and you can also add more living space by extending the screened and covered lanai.
A great location makes the best home even better. Good news! Taylor Morrison has 16 divisions located in major cities and sought-after suburbs in California, Arizona, Colorado, Texas, Florida, Illinois, Georgia, North and South Carolina. Wherever we build, you can be certain it will be close to all the things that matter to you: schools, shopping and essential services, quality healthcare, employment centers, recreation and entertainment. If you have a pretty good idea of where you want to live, you can start your house hunting here.
There you have it: a sampler of the myriad housing choices you’ll find at TaylorMorrison.com. Bring your dreams (and a pint of your favorite ice cream) and do a little online house hunting.