A short drive from Charlotte on I-77, Huntersville, NC real estate offers a different kind of suburban living. Close to the city and right around the corner from beautiful Lake Norman, enjoying the best of both worlds isn’t just a possibility, it’s part of the lifestyle.
New from America’s Most Trusted Home Builder, Taylor Morrison’s Walden community is now selling new homes in Huntersville inspired by you. Learn more about this exciting opportunity and all the reasons why Charlotte home buyers are moving to Huntersville.
A+ Overall Grade at Niche.com1
When researching a new city to move to, it’s important to do your due diligence. And according to trusted neighborhood review site Niche.com, Huntersville in Mecklenburg County is one of the best places to live in North Carolina.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Huntersville, NC is a fantastic place to find a great job – the median household income of $93,731 is well above the national average of $55,322
- #9 of 181 best suburbs in the state
- ‘B+’ overall rating for area public schools, including 3 sought-after schools zoned for students living at Walden: Huntersville Elementary, Bailey Middle and William Amos Hough High
- 84% of the population has been to college and 56% earned their bachelor’s, master’s or higher
Fun Annual Events
Lake Norman is a world-class destination for watersports. From fishing to boating, paddle boarding or water skiing, if you can do it on a lake, you can do it at Lake Norman – but there’s a lot more going on at this blue water paradise than meets the eye. Check out just a sampling of the fun annual events you’ll enjoy in Huntersville and neighboring towns.
Arts & Performances
April is for the Arts!
From gallery crawls to outdoor concerts and exhibitions, April is the month to celebrate your love of art at Lake Norman.
Paddle 4 Purpose
August | Peninsula Yacht Club | Stand up paddleboard races to support local charities.
The Lake Norman area is known to host an array of cultural celebrations that brings out the community. These celebrations range from the St. Patrick’s Day Festival, Asian Festival and Dragon Boat Race, and of course the very popular Renaissance Festival.he Lake Norman area is known to host an array of cultural celebrations that brings out the community every season.
Top Notch Floor Plans and Community Amenities
From the planned resort-style swimming pool and clubhouse to creative and award-winning floor plans, all 9 house designs currently offered at Walden are new homes designed with you in mind. Add in the ability to add your signature touches with Charlotte Design Studio and your dream home is within reach.
Offering layouts for every budget and lifestyle, it’s easy to find the right floor plan to fit your unique needs.
Prefer a Ranch home? No problem. 1- and 1.5-story floor plans are available. How about the extra storage that comes with having a basement? Choose from several basement homesites.
Choose a bedroom arrangement with a shared pass-through restroom or opt to have your deluxe owner’s suite on the ground floor. Flex space, formal dining, covered patio, den, loft, guest suite, sunroom, game room and finished basement gym are all available – some models even come with the option to add a 3rd floor.
See the Full Lineup:
- 1,877 to 4,280 Sq. Ft. | 2 to 7 Beds | 2 to 6 Baths | 0 to 1 Half Bath | 1 to 3 Story Homes | 2 to 3 Car Garage
Fun Local Interests
There’s so much to do here. No two weekends will ever look the same.
Lake Norman Miniature Golf
18639 Statesville Rd, Cornelius, NC | 704-892-9800 | More than just mini golf, try the climbing wall and laser maze.
Regal Birkdale Stadium 16
16950 Birkdale Commons Pkwy, Huntersville, NC | 844-462-7342 | Located at Birkdale Village, enjoy all the big blockbusters and family films with plush seating and top-of-the-line cinema technology.
Bank of America Stadium
Cheer on the Panthers in person on Sundays. The stadium is less than 15 miles from Huntersville.
PNC Music Pavilion
707 Pavilion Blvd, Charlotte, NC | Big name live concerts in a fun, outdoor amphitheater setting.
Charlotte Motor Speedway
5555 Concord Pkwy S, Concord, NC | 800-455-3267 | Rev your engines for nonstop heart pounding fun at the speedway. Year-round events available for motorheads of all kinds.
The Charlotte area offers dozens of creative craft breweries. You’ll find two popular spots right here in Huntersville. Check out The Crafty Beer Guys and Primal Brewery.
Discovery Place Kids
105 Gilead Road, Huntersville, NC | 704-372-6261 | Cultivate imagination and curiosity at Huntersville’s own children’s museum.
16317 Statesville Road, Huntersville, NC | 704-892-7177 | Games, lanes, food and fun at this state-of-the-art bowling alley and entertainment center.
301 N Tryon St, Charlotte, NC | 704-372-6261 | Explore science and the natural world plus take in a show at the awesome IMAX theater.
If eating out is your thing, you’re going to dig living in Huntersville. The foodie scene packs quite a punch for a city of its size.
- Brixx | Pizza | 16915 Birkdale Commons Pkwy
- Red Rocks | Café and Bakery | 8712 Lindholmn Dr
- Viva Chicken | Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken | 9121 Sam Furr Rd
- eeZ Fushion and Sushi | Asian | 16925 Birkdale Commons Pkwy
- Café 100 | American Classics | 100 Huntersville Concord Rd
- Famous Toastery | Fresh Breakfast and Lunch | 12715 Conner Dr
- Killington’s | Gastro Pub | 10010 Rose Commons Dr
- Primal Brewery | Gastro Pub | 16432 Old Statesville Rd
- Dresslers | Upscale Dinner | 8630 Lindholm Dr
- 131 Main | Contemporary | 17830 Statesville Rd, Cornelius
- Corkscrew | Wine Pub | 16916 Birkdale Commons Pkwy
22 Homes Sold Prior to Model Opening
Be among the first to tour the professionally decorated Walden model home. Join the VIP Interest List to be notified of the model home grand opening date plus other community events, pricing and promotions.
Contact the Community Sales Manager at 704-607-9984.
14238 Morningate Street | Huntersville, NC 28078
Additional Helpful Information
- Taylor Morrison Named Top-Builder in Lake Norman
- Get Out & Explore: Charlotte, North Carolina Day Trip Guide
- Guide to Charlotte-Area New Home Communities