Most of us dream about buying the ideal home. There’s something satisfying about having a home with which you can do what you want. Paint? No problem. Remodel? Go for it. But people can get caught up in the belief that it’s just better to rent than be “saddled” with a mortgage.
But, owning a home can be better than renting and here’s why:
1) In the Long Run, Your Monthly Payments Can Be Less Than What You’d Pay In Monthly Rent
Your loan payment might be more than you’d pay in rent at first, but over the life of the loan you’ll actually spend less when you buy. The rental market can be fickle, and you never know when your rent will go up. Tax benefits come with owning, too, so mortgage payments could be less than rent sooner than you’d think.
2) Monthly Mortgage Payments Are Like Putting Money into A Savings Account
When you pay your monthly payments, you’re paying down your mortgage and increasing your equity, with the interest you put in the home. It’s the part you really own. The current market value of the home, less what you owe equals the home equity. Values typically go up over time, so over time wealth is created.
3) Buying A Home Comes with Significant Tax Benefits
Deductions for mortgage interest on your federal income taxes is enough of a reason for many people to buy instead of rent. When you take into account the tax deductions, you’re actually paying less for your home.
4) When You Buy, You Enjoy the Freedom to Make Changes If You Want
When you rent, you can’t make any changes to the property unless the landlord says you can. You can make improvements, redecorate, remodel if you want because you’re the one with final say.
5) Buying Your Home Is A Great Opportunity to Improve Your Credit Rating
You can improve your credit rating if you make mortgage payments on time.
6) It Feels Good to Put Down Roots in A Neighborhood
It’s more satisfying when you buy and know you’re there for a good long while. You become a true member of the community and can get to know your neighbors.
7) Owning Offers the Security Of Stability
When you rent, if you don’t live where there’s rent control, you’re regularly facing the reality that the owners can and do raise the rent. A fixed-rate home loan, on the other home, gives you pay the same monthly payment for the life of the loan.
These are just the top reasons for owning instead of renting a home. We’ve put together a sampling of homes in Taylor Morrison homes in the Atlanta area that can have payments as low as roughly $1,717 per month.*
New Homes from Approximately $1,717 per Month*
Let’s look at some of our homes and communities with addresses in Chamblee, Dunwoody, Brookhaven, and Cumming. These examples show just how reasonable your monthly house payment can be.
3550 Townsend in Chamblee
You could pay as low as $1,829 a month* to buy a spacious and charming three-floor townhome in the new gated community of 3550 Townsend. With Town Brookhaven, Buckhead and Dunwoody’s Perimeter Area nearby, residents are convenient to boutique shopping, fine dining and entertainment. This enclave of only 39 townhomes. Lushly landscaped, the community features a community dog park and is walking distance to Historic Downtown Chamblee. The spacious luxury townhomes include 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths and a two-car garage.
The Collection at Perimeter Park in Chamblee
A chic townhome here can cost as little as $1,717 per month* to own. When complete, the gated community will feature more than 100 townhomes and over 30 single-family homes. The Collection at Perimeter Park is centrally located close proximity of North Peachtree Road, the Perimeter Mall area and I-285. Resort-style community amenities include:
- Pristine pool with in-water lounge chairs
- Clubhouse with meeting space
- 24-hour fitness center
- Playground for the kids
- Fire pit with seating
- Pocket parks and greenspaces throughout
Townsend at Ashford Park in Chamblee
Situated off Peachtree Road between Chamblee and Brookhaven, this gated community offers high-end amenities and luxury townhomes for as low as $1,806 a month.* Residents are just steps to shops and restaurants. The three-story townhomes range from 2,450 to 2,459 square feet and feature four bedrooms, designer kitchens, private owner’s suites, flex rooms and more. Community amenities include a pool with cabana and expansive greenspace with fire pit and seating.
Townsend at Chamblee in Chamblee
This popular gated boutique community of stylish townhomes, is now offering its final opportunities for as low as $1,845 a month.* Townsend at Chamblee has exceptional community amenities and is centrally located near shops, eateries, recreation and entertainment venues. Amenities include a refreshing pool and cabana that overlooks the community’s park. At the central park, residents enjoy a fire pit with seating.
Settlers’ Lake in Cumming
Gourmet kitchens with granite countertops, stunning hardwood floors, and lofty 9′ ceilings on the main level could be yours for as low as $1,182 a month.* Residents here enjoy beautiful, spacious, livable homes in a lakeside community with resort-style amenities for every desire and lifestyle, including:
- Two-Story Clubhouse
- A Pristine Pool with Lounge Chairs and Tables
- Tennis and Basketball Courts
- Children’s Playground
- Canoeing, Kayaking and Fishing at Settlers’ Lake
- Central Neighborhood Park with Fireplace with a large community lawn
Grandview Manor in Cumming
Situated in Cumming, GA, residents here enjoy a choice of 7 floorplans with up to 4 bedrooms and 3.5 baths, a central neighborhood park with tree-lined views, beach entry pool with cabana, a splash zone for the little ones, and fun-filled playground for as low as $ 1,250 a month.* Travel past the beautiful creek system as you head outside the community to the nearby fine dining, shopping, and entertainment choices in Cumming as well as the variety of recreation nearby, including Poole’s Mill Bridge Parks, Lake Lanier, and Sawnee Mountain.
Post Oak Glen in Cumming
Enjoy a big lifestyle with an affordable cost of living in Post Oak Glen, where you’ll get the low Forsyth County tax rates and monthly mortgage payments as low as $1,356* for a stunning new ranch or 1.5 story home. Homes here are beautifully crafted with attention to all the details that make life convenient and feature flexible room options like a full basement or media room. Living here, you can stroll along sidewalk-lined streets, take a picnic in the green spaces, or take a dip in the resort-style pool at the clubhouse—so you’ll never lack for entertainment and fun. Plus, with easy access to GA-400, you’re just a quick car trip from excellent shopping options at the North Georgia Premium Outlets and fine dining and high-end shopping at Avalon in Alpharetta.
Townsend at Perimeter in Dunwoody
Choose from sixteen three-story townhome floor plans. Spacious luxury townhomes with 3 or 4 bedrooms, and some can cost as little as $1,845 per month.* All homes feature a 2-car garage. The gated community is walking distance from shopping including Perimeter Mall, dining and entertainment options. Residents have easy access to I-285, GA400 and Ashwood Dunwoody Road. Amenities include a sparkling pool with cabana, a bocce ball court and direct access to Dunwoody’s Trail Way System.
Townsend at Brookhaven in Brookhaven
Pay as little as $1,843 a month.* Well-located in desirable Brookhaven, Townsend at Brookhaven is a private gated community of highly livable three-story luxury townhomes with 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths and a 2-car garage. The community puts residents just minutes from boutique shops and great restaurants and features a community park with fire pit and seating area.
Enjoy the security and joy of owning your dream home at one of the gorgeous communities in Chamblee, Dunwoody, Brookhaven, and Cumming. Visit the community, explore the model homes and floor plans and see the lifestyle that could be yours.
Have questions? Call 770-741-0218 or send a message today for more information.
* Estimated Total Monthly Payment above is based on a currently available financing program for qualified buyers of a primary residence, which is currently available through Seller’s affiliate, Taylor Morrison Home Funding, LLC, NMLS #149227 (“Affiliated Lender”). Although various other loan programs are also available, the advertised example is for general informational purposes with purchase prices and loan amounts as follows: (1) 3550 Townsend Purchase Price $457,720/Loan Amount $366,176; (2) The Collection at Perimeter Park Purchase Price $429,646/Loan Amount $343,717; (3) Townsend at Ashford Park Purchase Price $452,145/Loan Amount $$361,716; (4) Townsend at Chamblee Purchase Price $464,359/Loan Amount $371,487; (5) Townsend at Perimeter Purchase Price $461,829/Loan Amount $369,463; (6) Townsend at Brookhaven Purchase Price $461,370/Loan Amount $369,096; (7) Settlers’ Lake Purchase Price $304,990/Loan Amount $243,992; (8) Grandview Manor Purchase Price $322,425/Loan Amount $257,490; (9) Post Oak Glen Purchase Price $349,927/Loan Amount $279,942. Payment is based on a Conforming 30 Year Fixed mortgage with a 20% down payment and interest rate for a 45-day rate lock with a 4.125% rate /4.436% Annual Percentage Rate. Quoted rates were effective 6/13/2019 based on a median credit score of 740. Rates may vary depending on program, down payment and loan amount, market fluctuations, as well as other factors outside of Seller or Approved Lender’s control. Payment includes principal and interest. Estimated property taxes and estimated hazard insurance premium not included. HOA dues paid separately based on the HOA’s current assessments. All loans are subject to underwriting and loan qualification of the lender. Services not available in all states. Rates, terms and conditions offered are subject to change without notice. Additional licensing or other financing details regarding Affiliated Lender may be found at www.taylormorrison.com/aba. All information (including, but not limited to prices, views, availability, incentives, school assignments and ratings, floor plans, site plans, features, standards and options, assessments and fees, planned amenities, programs, conceptual artists’ renderings and community development plans) is not guaranteed and remains subject to change or delay without notice. All homes subject to prior sale. Please see a Taylor Morrison Community Sales Manager or visit www.taylormorrison.com for additional disclaimers or other details (as applicable). Offer void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by state and federal laws. Taylor Morrison Realty of Georgia, Inc. Firm # – 75069. © June 2019, Taylor Morrison of Georgia, LLC.