Making moves to the Raleigh real estate market is exciting as it gets. From a vibrant foodie scene to world-class museums and cultural attractions, a strong economy, top universities, the Research Triangle and plentiful opportunities for outdoor fun, there’s a laundry list of reasons why this is one of the fastest growing metros in the United States.
And if suburban life is more your speed, the city offers several gorgeous nearby towns to call home.
In this post, we’ll dive deeper into one of the hottest Raleigh suburbs for purchasing a new build home. Learn more about how great life can be in Wake Forest and explore Taylor Morrison’s amenity-packed master planned community Tryon at Wake Forest to find your dream home.
A+ Rating for Wake Forest from Data Compiler Niche.com
Part of what’s helped Taylor Morrison be named America’s Most Trusted® Home Builder¹ five years running is developing new home communities in places where people love to live. With an A+ rating from Niche.com², Wake Forest excels in virtually every category used to rank the best cities to live in America.
Wake Forest offers a perfect blend of safety and low crime with nightlife, cost of living and a variety of outdoor activities. The city scored A for jobs, A for family friendliness and A- for public schools. Wake Forest also fared well for weather and diversity.
Houses for Sale in Wake Forest, NC Close to Shopping, Dining and More
When you live at Tryon at Wake Forest, it’s easy to hop in the car and be filling your shopping bags within minutes. Gateway Commons is just three miles from the community which is less than a ten-minute drive.
- Gateway Commons is located at 932 Gateway Commons Circle, Wake Forest, NC 27587
Here’s a taste of the retail, restaurants and services nearby:
- Lowes Foods: Following their motto of bringing community back to the table, Lowes Foods offers an innovative grocery experience along with their reliable quality, value and service.
- Town & Country Hardware: Along with quality hardware and home improvement products for every room in the house, you’ll find supplies for birding, barbecues and sporting goods. Your local hardware store is known for exceptional service at competitive prices.
- Play Date: Convenient drop-in childcare service.
- Ava Nails Spa: All your nailcare needs in a convenient location.
- Subway: Eat in or get it to go, there’s a sandwich for everyone at Subway.
- Pet Mania: Enjoy a fun and friendly pet supply buying experience from a family-owned store that’s served the Raleigh area for over thirty years. And yes, pets are welcome!
- Sushi Siam: Two of your favorite flavors available in one location. Sushi Siam serves all your Japanese and Thai favorites.
- Whatever’s Quilted: Whether you’re a quilting pro or a beginner, you’ll find all the supplies, templates and know-how you need to take your quilts to the next level. Classes are available.
- Bada Bean Coffee: All your favorite barista prepared drinks, right there in the neighborhood.
- Tile Trenz: Tile Trenz specializes in flooring, countertops, installation and fabrication.
- #1 China Wok: Whatever Chinese dishes you’re craving, you’ll find them at #1 China Wok. Their delicious menu feature more than 100 unique options.
- Edible Arrangements: Enjoy a smoothie at the shop or order from a beautiful selection of fun gifts, wedding favors or tasty arrangements for any holiday or event.
- Super Cuts: It’s easy to look good at Gateway Commons.
- Schiano’s Pizza: Serving Wake Forest authentic pies since 1945.
- Gooey’s American Grille: Heaven for cheese lovers and one of the hottest new restaurant concepts in the Triangle.
- Gatehouse Tavern: Based off the gastro-pub theme popularized in the 90s in England, the Gatehouse Tavern is the place to watch the big game while enjoying a quality meal in Wake Forest. Family-friendly seating is available outside of the lounge.
- Farm Table Kitchen & Bar: A truly seasonal menu takes care of local farmers just as it cares for you. From the farm to your table, that’s a promise.
Fun Amenities and a New Home Inspired by You
The shared amenities at Tryon at Wake Forest set the community apart from a traditional neighborhood. Access to the clubhouse, Jr. Olympic pool, splash pad, tot lot and private park plus walking trails is a big draw when comparing a new home in a master planned community to a resale.
But there’s more to buying at Tryon than cooling off at the pool on hot Carolina days.
When you build your dream home with Taylor Morrison, we make sure every facet of your new house is inspired by you and ideal for the way you live.
- Choose your floor plan from six striking 2-story designs. Plans range from 2,344 to 3,491 square feet with 3 to 4 bedrooms, 2.5 to 3.5 baths and a 2-car garage with available tandem. Popular bonus rooms include loft, game room, study, flex room, formal dining and covered outdoor living.
- Design your home and add your signature touches at our Design Studio. Find your style and create the interior décor you’ve always wanted.
Browse the incredible array of features included in every home we build at Tryon at Wake Forest. Features like energy-efficient windows and insulation, granite countertops, Moen® chrome faucets and tiled shower in the owner’s suite.
Of course, some buyers prefer a more streamlined experience. Browse a selection of move-in ready homes right now, crafted and upgraded by our talented design team.
You’ll Find it Easy to Stay Busy
Wake Forest is a wonderful place to live if you love parks, woods, lakes and tranquility. Stay active and connected with nature on the weekends by paddling out or taking a stroll around the Wake Forest Reservoir. A 1.6-mile soft trail (3.2 miles there and back) runs alongside this beautiful lake that’s also open for hand or electric-powered boats.
Known for hosting vibrant local events year-round, your social calendar will be filled with fun when you live in Wake Forest. Start the holiday season off right with the famous Lighting of Wake Forest. Explore unique outdoor adventures on Dirt Day. From classic car shows to free concerts at E. Carroll Joyner Park, there’s something for everyone.
Plan Your Visit
Tryon at Wake Forest
- 2008 Edens Ridge Avenue, Wake Forest, NC 27587
- Taylor Morrison received the highest numerical score in the proprietary Lifestory Research 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 America’s Most Trusted® Home Builder study. Your experiences may vary. Visit www.lifestoryresearch.com.
- “Wake Forest 27587”NICHE https://www.niche.com/places-to-live/z/27587/