Known for beautiful lakefront views, outdoor recreation, fast access to Washington wine country and easy commutes to some of the top employers in the state, there are plenty of reasons why Seattle area home buyers are interested in Kirkland real estate.
Aside from the obvious advantages to living in Kirkland, such as fantastic public and private schooling options, the sixth largest city in King County offers a world of hidden gems to the residents that call this Lake Washington suburb home.
Let’s explore everything that makes Kirkland, WA a great destination for your next move.
Capture the Pacific Northwest lifestyle
When people think about life in the Pacific Northwest, hiking boots and long walks under beautiful evergreen canopies are one of the first images that come to mind. New homes for sale in Kirkland are ideally located near some of the area’s best trails without having to load into the car and head out of the city.
- Watershed Park offers 73 acres of forested parkland for hiking, with lush wooded views and Cochran Springs Creek.
- 4500 110th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033 | (425) 587-3300
Bridle Trails State Park
- Bridle Trails State Park is dog friendly, and horse friendly, too! So, bring your four-legged friend whether they need a leash or a bridle.
- 5300 116th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033 | (425) 649-4275
Juanita Bay Park
- Juanita Bay Park features an urban wildlife habitat, interpretive trails & boardwalks and spectacular wetlands.
- 2201 Market St, Kirkland, WA 98033| (425) 587-3300
The Denny Creek Trail
- The Denny Creek Trail gives residents the chance to hike one of the last remaining remnants of old-growth forests in the greater Seattle area.
- 12032 Holmes Point Dr NE, Kirkland, WA 98034
Fun by the Water
Whether you’re exploring Lake Washington by kayak or going for a refreshing freshwater swim on a hot summer day, Kirkland offers a number of wonderful waterfront parks to make the most of living by the lake.
Juanita Beach Park
- Juanita Beach Park provides lifeguards throughout the summer from noon to 6pm, so you can relax on the shore while the little ones go for a dip. Additional facilities include lighted tennis courts, beach volleyball, a fishing dock, ball fields, horseshoe pits, reservable picnic tables, a public beach and more.
- 9703 NE Juanita Dr, Kirkland, WA 98034 | (425) 587-3300
Saint Edward State Park
- Part of Seattle lore, Saint Edward State Park a century ago was a seminar. Today, it’s filled with vibrant outdoor activity, from kayakers cruising the lake to hikers and mountain bikers taking to the trails. Enjoy 3,000 feet of freshwater shoreline and hundreds of acres of parkland and picnic areas.
- 14445 Juanita Dr NE, Kenmore, WA 98028 | (425) 823-2992
Marina Park Al Locke Pavilion
- Planning an event? Rent the beautiful Marina Park Al Locke Pavilion.
- 25 Lakeshore Plaza Drive, Kirkland, WA 98033 | (425) 587-3330
Ideal for Boaters
Kirkland Marina Dock offers 90 uncovered slips for moorage and a public boat launch, making the area an excellent choice for those whose perfect weekend day consists of whiling the hours away on the gentle waves of the lake.
Nearby Carillon Point offers spectacular views, spa services, a Starbucks and four delicious restaurants, making it a great place to unwind and enjoy a tasty meal after a day of boating. Try the Beach Café, Carillon Kitchen, COMO or Le Grand ‘Bistro American’.
A Vibrant Downtown
You don’t need to head all the way to Seattle to experience world class arts and culture. Along with incredible gastronomy options, Kirkland’s sophisticated arts scene makes downtown Kirkland an exciting place to be.
Art performances, exhibits, classes and galleries are found all around town, along with live performances, comedy shows, theatre, dance and more. The 400-seat Kirkland Performance Center hosts two hundred music, theatre and dance performances each year and it’s a great place to experience a show with an intimate feel.
And for a charming shopping experience, Park Lane in downtown Kirkland is a waterfront jewel inspired by the markets of France and the Mediterranean. With miles of shoreline to choose from, it’s easy to find tasty fresh seafood and a striking Olympic Mountain range view to highlight your sunset.
- Be sure to attend Kirkland UnCorked, the annual summer wine festival featuring a wine tasting garden and street fair!
Close to Bellevue
As the Eastside blossoms, downtown Bellevue is beginning to rival her sister city across the bridge in urban offerings. Bellevue has doubled in downtown residents over the last decade and is now a premier shopping and dining destination.
Choose from more than two hundred unique cafes and restaurants, from chef-owned farm-to-table delights to some of the region’s top steakhouses. Take notice Seattle, Bellevue is on the map – not just as a technology hub but as a center for culture and culinary flair.
Houses for sale in Kirkland are zoned for sought after Lake Washington School District schools. Give your kids a jumpstart on their future with a district that’s earned a number of distinguished awards and recognition.
- Green Ribbon Schools by the US Department of Education
- Ranked #4 school district in the state of Washington by niche.com
- 5-star rating by SchoolDigger
- Overall rating of A+ by niche.com
Parkside at Juanita
A community of new townhomes at the edge of Juanita Woodlands Park, Parkside at Juanita offers modern luxury living with fast access to I-405 and proximity to the Kingsgate Park & Ride to take advantage of public transportation.
A small, intimate community featuring a private park and a tranquil wooded setting with treetop views, these 2-3-bedroom luxury townhomes provide bright and open living spaces with high-end finishes, cathedral ceilings and large windows in one of Seattle’s most sought-after suburbs.
Eat and Shop Near Parkside at Juanita
Just minutes from your front door, The Village at Totem Lake Plaza offers some of the best shopping on the eastside. Popular retailers include Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, Chipotle, MOD Pizza, Nordstrom Rack and Ulta Beauty, along with a Cinemark movie theater.
For a meal out, try these four popular local haunts near Taylor Morrison’s luxury townhomes for sale in Kirkland, WA:
- Amante Pizza and Pasta | 12206 Juanita Dr NE, Kirkland, WA 98034 | 425.825.0900
- Plaza Garcia | 12108 Juanita Dr NE, Kirkland, WA 98034 | 425.814.3012
- Bella Balducci’s Mediterranean Cuisine | 11834 98th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98034 | 425.242.0597
- Cafe Juanita | 9702 NE 120th Pl, Kirkland, WA 98034 | 425.823.1505
Taking care of your daily shopping needs is easy, with a selection of supermarkets and services located near the community just off NE 124th.
- Fred Meyer | 12221 120th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98034 | 425.820.3200
- QFC | 11224 NE 124th St, Kirkland, WA 98034 | 425.821.8502
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt | 11308 NE 124th St, Kirkland, WA 98034 | 425.307.1490
- Starbucks | 11400 NE 124th St, Kirkland, WA 98034 | 425.820.1334
Top quality healthcare is just four miles from the community at Evergreen Health Medical Center Kirkland, right behind Totem Lake Plaza | 12040 NE 128th St, Kirkland, WA 98034 | 425.899.1000
Book Your Kirkland Townhome Tour
Move-in ready homes are selling now, with two model homes available for private 1:1 tours or virtual tours. Make your appointment now to visit the community and tour the model homes.