Give the most important investment in your lifetime the TLC it deserves with a regular home maintenance schedule. It will keep little problems from becoming big repairs. It’s also critical for insurance purposes, since claims can be turned down for failure to keep things like roofs and caulking in good repair. Get into the habit of a home maintenance routine for years of trouble-free service. We’ll get you started with these tips and resources.
Home Maintenance Checklists
- Insurance company sites are excellent sources for home maintenance checklists. Check out All State and State Farm.
- Preventive advice includes changing smoke and CO2 detector batteries every six months, inspecting your home fire extinguisher annually and have your fireplace professionally expected yearly
Home Maintenance Tips
- Real estate websites are also chock full of valuable tips for keeping your home in tip-top shape.
January to-do’s from REALTOR.com cover what you can and cannot do yourself. For example, safely check for storm damage to the roof with binoculars or a camera-equipped drone. If you see problems, DO NOT grab a ladder. Call a pro.
- Want to know more? Be sure to check out our home maintenance tips for every season: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter.
Basic Maintenance List
- To help you keep your new Taylor Morrison home as beautiful as it was the day you moved in, here’s a basic maintenance list that includes: draining your water heater once a year to flush out sediment and cleaning or replacing HVAC air filters regularly to prevent unit malfunctioning.
Okay, grab your tool kit and get going!