Cold, wet winter days got you down? Maybe it’s time to plan a jet setting getaway to somewhere warm.
From sunny So Cal to the temperate Carolinas, there’s an location out there where it’s no snow boots required. Pack your bags and begin your flight search. A week of sunshine is good for the soul.
And while you’re soaking up rays and dipping your toes in the sand, make plans to visit a Taylor Morrison community or two. You might just find that a new home in Sarasota or Houston real estate is just what the doctor ordered. Imagine a morning commute that doesn’t involve deicing your windshield.
To help you plan an unforgettable vacation, we’ve researched unique events and happenings
North Carolina | South Carolina | Georgia | Florida | Texas | Arizona | California
Charlotte and Raleigh are perfect holiday options for those who love smoked meat and the great outdoors. When you’re not digging in to a delicious plate of Carolina BBQ, be sure to rent a car and plan a fun day trip to get out of the city. Fishing at Lake Norman is fantastic for amateur and experienced anglers alike and Foothill’s Brewing in Winston-Salem offers a great tour and tasting for craft beer aficionados.
Not to be missed winter events include the Solstice Celebration Lantern Walk on December 17 in Hillsborough, the eclectic Asheville Fringe Arts Festival in January and the Mooresville Christmas Parade held on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.
- 7 Top Reasons to Call Raleigh Home
- Find Inspiration at the Raleigh Home Show February 23-25
- Southern Charm, Recreational Paradise & High-Tech Hub
New homes in South Carolina ooze with country charm. It’s no surprise that one of the top things to do when visiting Charlotte in the wintertime is to attend the State Bluegrass Festival over Thanksgiving weekend in Myrtle Beach.
Travelers visiting around the holidays will want to check out ChristmasVille in Rock Hill November 30 through December 3. You’ll find traditional Christmas-themed events like horse-drawn carriage rides, carolers, gingerbread houses and ice skating.
Be sure to drive through 1 Million+ sparkling lights from November 22 through December 31 in Columbia at Holiday Lights.
- Bent Creek Community in Indian Land in the Spotlight
- Attend the Charleston Build, Remodel & Landscape Expo January 6-7 & 12-14
- Visit the King Center and take part in MLK Day Volunteer Opportunities.
- The Atlanta Home Show from February 9-11 offers a great opportunity to get a feel for the Georgia lifestyle.
- If you’re considering making a move to this rising star city, don’t go home without first visiting the chic & stylish Townsend at Lenox Park.
- Visit the Cypress Chase Local Interests page for great ideas on activities in and around Tampa.
- Take part in Winter Village at Curtis Hixon Park. Enjoy ice skating and nearly two dozen holiday boutiques selling unique gifts from November 17 through January 5.
- Get tickets for Black Heritage Music Fest along the waterfront January 13 & 14. Fantastic live bands, food vendors and more.
- SeaWorld, Universal and Disney are all within easy driving distance of the Woodland Park Community.
- Sponsored by the Morse Museum of American Art, Christmas in the Park on December 7 from 6:15-8:00pm features delightful music from the Bach Festival Choir and Brass Ensemble.
- Get a taste of the Sarasota vibe at the 32nd Annual Holiday Boat Parade of Lights on December 9 from 6pm. Best viewing can be found at Bay Front or Centennial Park.
- A broad selection of Arts & Entertainment options is readily available for residents of the Arbor Lakes on Palmer Ranch master planned community.
· There’s enough going on near Lucaya in Fort Myers and Fiddlers Creek in Naples to easily pack your vacation schedule – but if you’re a foodie, be sure to book tickets from November 30 through December 13 for SW Florida Restaurant Week.
· Check out these awesome Christmastime experiences at Fort Myers & Sanibel beaches.
· If you’re in the area on December 9, don’t miss out on the Marco Island Boat Parade from 6-8pm.
Fly & Buy!
Taylor Morrison is so confident you’ll love our west Florida homes that we’re giving buyers up to $2,000 in incentives to offset travel costs. Learn more about the Fly & Buy Promotion. While you’re here, visit a Home & Garden Show for more ideas on setting up your new home.
- Stillwater on Lake Houston is a fantastic community with a great location and awesome views of the lake. Use the community’s local interests page to start your Houston trip planning.
- Love Mexican food? Make plans to be at the Tamale Festival on December 2.
- Runners can take part in the Houston Marathon on January 14.
- Perhaps the best part about buying a new home in The Colony, Texas is easy access to the best of Dallas.
- A holiday tradition in for over three decades. The Trains at NorthPark will inspire minds young and old from November 18 – January 7.
- January 29 through February 4 the Phoenix Open offers golf fans a chance to see the pros play in the desert.
- Every Friday & Saturday from November 24 – December 30 the Desert Botanical Garden will celebrate Las Noches de las Luminarias. It’s an incredible combination of music and holiday lights.
- It’s hard to believe all this great stuff is within reach of the Sonoran Gate Discovery Collection.
- The magic of the Tournament of Roses Parade is a quintessential Southern California experience. Join the fun on New Year’s Day.
- Sol y Mar in Rancho Palos Verdes puts the best of So Cal at your fingertips. Tour the community and then find something fun to do.
San Diego County
- Sea Summit Azure offers the ultimate California lifestyle just down the road from the San Clemente Pier and more.
- Hit the high seas with Davey’s Locker sportfishing and whale watching.
Don’t Forget to Pack Your Sunscreen
Whether you’re playing snow bird for 6 nights and 7 days or exploring an entirely new way of living down south in the sunshine, Taylor Morrison wishes you and yours a fun & safe winter vacation.