Everybody loves a party. Except maybe the person who must plan it, pull it off and then clean-up afterwards. We turned to blogger and hostess with the most-est Stephanie of SomewhatSimple.com for helpful hints to host a party without a lot of fuss. As always, she’s a wealth of cool ideas. We’re sharing some of her best tips, just in time for Cinco de Mayo parties, but really, most of them can be adapted for just about any party-giving occasion. Oh, before we forget, we’d like to give Stephanie a super “thank you” shout out for letting us track the progress as she and her family transform their Taylor Morrison Phoenix home. If you don’t already, you can follow her across social media with #SomewhatSimpleHome and #SSBuildsWithTM.
Does planning a party, any party, overwhelm you? Getting organized is a piece of party cake with these helpful tips and checklists to keep all the parts, pieces, lists, dates and scheduling conflicts in one place. Find out how.
Party Southwest Style
- Cinco de Mayo is this weekend, but there’s still time to throw a party to commemorate the Mexican army’s victory at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. (There’s probably not enough time for rock-hard avocados to ripen, so tip #1 would be to buy ready-made guacamole.) If that doesn’t fit your plans, many of these ideas are perfect for other occasions or anything calling for a southwest theme.
- Stephanie shows you how to have a fab fiesta or just make taco night special with easy-to-make party favors and decorations. You’ll love the cactus centerpiece cared from a watermelon, not to mention the awesome avocado piñata. Check out all Top 10 Cinco de Mayo party ideas.
- Get the kids in on the decorating (and keep them out of the kitchen while you cook) with this no-mess clever craft: mini-piñatas made with styrofoam cups and construction paper.
- Deck the casa with colorful, festive and free printable banners, flags, labels party kits and recipe cards
- Make a Mexican-themed menu couldn’t be easier using these 50 Mexican recipes. Way more than the whole enchilada, this quick collection includes recipes for tacos, burritos, taquitos, tostadas, casseroles, soups, desserts, beverages and side dishes. Muy sabrosa!
- Kick tostadas up a notch and save yourself a whole bunch of work, too. Offer guests a DIY tostada bar. You supply the fixings and let the magic happen. Get the recipe here.
- Toast the occasion with horchata, a traditional Mexican beverage made with sweet rice milk and spiked with cinnamon. Totally alcohol-free and totally delicious.
- End on a fun note with piñata cupcakes filled with candy. Too cute and almost too easy.
Party Season Is Upon Us
If Cinco de Mayo is here, summer can’t be far behind. The summer party season officially starts Memorial Weekend, but we say why wait to take the fun outdoors? Stephanie has it covered.
- Read How to Plan the Perfect Summer Party for her five top tips for partying al fresco.
- No pool? No problems. You can keep an entire scout troop cool and entertained with Stephanie’s 5 Simple Tips for an Awesome Summer Water Party. Best of all, there’s no lifeguard needed!
- Will you be celebrating the pending birth of a wee Gemini, Cancer, Leo or Virgo? Take the baby shower outdoors and take advantage of some chill time in the sunshine. Get tips for themes, refreshments, gifts and entertainment.
- BBQ and summer were made for each other. After all, when temperatures begin to soar, nobody wants to turn on an oven. And, really, there’s pretty much nothing you can’t cook on a grill, including fajitas and quesadillas, pizza and kabobs. Build your summer BBQ party around these SomewhatSimple.com tips.
Choose the Perfect Party Venue
An often-overlooked perk of owning a new home is how easy it makes entertaining, especially when it’s a Taylor Morrison home. Homes inspired by you include gorgeous, well-equipped kitchens with tons of counter space for party prep and open-concept layouts that make it easy for guests to mingle while they munch. Most of our homes have lots of outdoor living space like decks, covered patios, courtyards and balconies. Depending on the home, you might even be able to add an optional outdoor kitchen or fireplace. Take a peek at our five featured communities below, then start your search for a new party-perfect home here.
- All five spacious plans in our new Charlotte, North Carolina homes at The Falls at Weddington features spacious rear covered porches with options that include screening and stone fireplaces. You’ll also impress the heck out of guests with the two-story grand foyer entrance.
- Patios, patio decks and finished basements in some plans give you plenty of room for making guests feel welcome in our new Lawrenceville, Georgia homes at The Springs at Rockhouse. Resort-style amenities give you another option for small gatherings poolside.
- Florida is a party waiting to happen all year round. When you live at WaterGrass in Wesley Chapel, a Tampa-area community, you’re parties will be on the A-List! If your lanai isn’t big enough, you have the option to extend it and add an outdoor kitchen.
- Vizcaya in Round Rock, Texas offers three collections of homes and a variety of floor plans. Depending on plan, outdoor entertainment space may include a covered lanai with optional fireplace.
- The gated community of Trovita Norte in Mesa, Arizona is an invitation to inspire living, which in turn, will inspired you to host a legendary party or two. You’ll certainly have enough room in floor plans that range from 3,295 to 4,333 square feet.
There’s Always a Reason to Celebrate
Whether it’s an important holiday, a major life milestone or just Tuesday night at home with your family, reasons to celebrate come in all sizes. Find an occasion or invent one. Then enjoy every moment of it.