Why will you love Phoenix’s Southeast Valley? Let us count the ways! But first let’s define the scope. The Southeast Valley includes several cities. This blog covers three you’ve probably heard of—Mesa, Chandler and Gilbert—and a couple newer cities that are fast becoming popular—Queen Creek and San Tan Valley. Each of them has unique attributes, but all of them have something that will appeal to every age and lifestyle. Okay, let’s start counting all the best reasons to call the Southeast Valley home. Along the way, we’ll show you a few Taylor Morrison communities to put on your must-see list.
1) It’s Beautiful Here
Everywhere you look, there’s a natural wonder and, usually, there’s a trail you can take on foot, by bike or horseback to explore it. A favorite is the San Tan Mountain Regional Park and the Superstition Mountains. Read more about it and top outdoor spots in this blog.
Come Home to San Tan Valley
Find new homes for sale in San Tan Valley at San Tan Ridge. Choose from the Discovery or Encore Collections and enjoy a serene desert landscape in the San Tan Mountain foothills.
2) Culture and The Arts
There’s more to Arizona than painted deserts. In fact, if you’re new here, the number of cultural attractions will surprise and delight you. The Mesa Arts Center and Arizona Museum of Natural History in Mesa, and the Arizona Heritage Center at Papago Park in Tempe are just three places where you can immerse yourself in Arizona lore.
Come Home to Mesa
If real estate in Mesa is what you have in mind you’ll definitely want to take a close look at the wide selection in Eastmark, an exciting new master-planned community in the East Mesa area. Choices include Eastmark Endeavor, The Estates at Eastmark Venture II Collection and The Estates at Eastmark Summit Collection. And if you’re 55 or over, Encore at Eastmark* will change your mind about retirement communities with its full array of social activities and amenities designed for you. Whichever you choose, you’ll have access to Eastmark Great Park, 106 acres of activities for all ages. Another appealing option are our new homes for sale in Mesa at Trovita North Capstone Collection, a gorgeous gated community of elegantly appointed luxury homes.
Get a glimpse of life well lived at Encore at Eastmark, a 3,100-acre 55+ community.
3) Great Schools
We say this a lot, but it bares repeating. Even if you don’t have kids in schools, living near top-rated public schools adds value to your community and your real estate. Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert and Queen Creek all have award-winning public schools.
4) Retail Therapy
The Southeast Valley has no shortage of places to shop. All our communities are close to major malls like Chandler Fashion Center, Superstition Springs Center, Tempe Marketplace and SanTan Village. And you can indulge your passion for fresh produce every week at farmers’ markets in Gilbert and Chandler.
Come Home to Queen Creek
It might be a new name to you but the town of Queen Creek, Arizona has been recognized for smart growth and innovative planning. Stake your claim to one of the Taylor Morrison communities with new homes for sale in Queen Creek, AZ. Terravella Expedition Collection and Terravella Legacy Collection are both pre-selling right now. And Victoria Heights Discovery Collection is coming soon. Be sure to join the interest lists for updates and special event invitations.
5) Fun and Festivals
When you live in Southeast Valley there’s always something to celebrate. Trust us, this is a short list:
- The Chandler Ostrich Festival Carnival & Parade
- Gilbert Days Rodeo & Festival: Schnepf Farms Pumpkin & Chili Party in Queen Creek (complete with pig races and bonfire)
- Mesa Arts Center Day of the Dead Festival; and Gilbert’s Constitution Fair with fireworks and biplane flyover
Come Home to Chandler
Parks, pools, galleries, golf course, shopping, dining and resorts—Chandler has it all and our new homes for sale in Chandler, AZ give you access to the riches this Southeast Valley city offers. Bellaza II single-family homes are now selling and models are open daily.
6) Eat Your Heart Out
Southeast Valley is a foodie paradise. We asked our community sales managers for their favorites and they give two forks up to these local eateries:
- Queen Creek Olive Mill, a family-owner farm and mill with in-house coffee shop
- SanTan Brewing Company in Chandler serves brunch, lunch and dinner along with brewskis
- The Keg International Steakhouse has locations in Gilbert and Chandler
- Joe’s Farm Grill is a quick-bite restaurant on a working Gilbert farm
- Culinary Dropout in Gilbert offers classic American food and drink
- Liberty Market, also in Gilbert, is a popular café for espresso, pizza and breakfast fare.
Come Home to Gilbert
GreatSchools.org lists Gilbert among the nation’s top places to live and learn. It’s an economically diverse community and the fifth largest city in the Metro Phoenix area. In short, it’s a great place to put down your Arizona roots. We’ve got plenty of new homes in Gilbert, AZ where you can do exactly that. Whispering Rock is now pre-selling, with three single-family plans currently offered. Greenfield Ranch Capstone Collection and Greenfield Ranch Summit Collection are both coming soon with gorgeous luxury single-family homes. Check out the floorplans and join the VIP lists for updates.
7) Jobs. Jobs. Jobs.
Arizona’s economy is diversifying and growing. A new home in the Southeast Valley puts you close to an abundance of employment centers and opportunities.
See It. Love It. Live It.
Just like we promised. Seven reasons to come home to the Southeast Valley and lots of new communities waiting to welcome you.
1 – BELLAZA II – 4075 E. Grand Canyon Drive, Chandler
2 – EASTMARK – 10434 E. Corbin Avenue, Mesa
- Endeavor Collection
3 – ENCORE AT EASTMARK – 5620 S. Encore Road, Mesa
- 55+ COMMUNITY*
4 – ESTATES AT EASTMARK – 5359 S. Sabrina, Mesa
- Summit Collection
- Venture II Collection
5 – GREENFIELD RANCH – Greenfield Road & Queen Creek Road, Gilbert
- Summit Collection
- Capstone Collection – Coming Soon
6 – SAN TAN RIDGE – 33948 N. Rockflower Trail, San Tan Valley
- Discovery Collection
- Encore Collection
7 – TERRAVELLA – Ellsworth Road & Queen Creek Road
- Expedition & Legacy Collections
8 – TROVITA NORTE – 3648 E. Fargo Street, Mesa
- Capstone Collection
9 – VICTORIA HEIGHTS – Ocotillo Road & Victoria Lane, Queen Creek
- Discovery Collection
- Coming Soon
10 – WHISPERING ROCK – Coronado Road & Germann Road, Gilbert
* Encore at Eastmark is an age-qualified community intended for permanent occupancy of each residence by at least one person 55 years of age or older. Some residents may be younger and no one under 19 in permanent residency. All information (including, but not limited to prices, views, availability, incentives, floor plans, site plans, features, standards and options, assessments and fees, planned amenities, programs, conceptual artists’ renderings and community development plans) deemed reliable as of publication date but not guaranteed and remains subject to change daily or delay without notice. Floor plans and elevations are an artist’s conception and are not intended to show specific detailing. As-Built Condition will control. Price(s) shown may not reflect lot premiums, upgrades and options. Lot status “Sold” is an inclusive term that describes the present status of any Contract-submitted, Pending-sale or Closed property. All homes subject to prior sale. Maps and plans are not to scale and all dimensions are approximate. Not an offer in any state where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. No offer to sell or lease may be made or accepted prior to the issuance of the final AZ Subdivision Disclosure Report. A public report is available at the State Real Estate Department’s website at www.azre.gov for the property of interest that is now open for sales. Please see a Community Sales Manager for details or visit www.taylormorrison.com for additional disclaimers. Taylor Morrison/Arizona, Inc., ROC # 179178B and JCH Construction, LLC, ROC # 256789. © June, 2019, TM Homes of Arizona, Inc., AZ DRE # CO535669000 and AV Homes of Arizona, LLC, AZ DRE # LC632206000. All rights reserved.