If you have been thinking of making the move to Ontario, you are not alone. Many Southern California homeowners are heading inland to find larger homes with better amenities for a lot less money than what you pay to live on the coast.
But what is lifelike in Ontario? Is San Bernardino County real estate right for you?
Let’s find out!
Feel the Sunshine
Even lifelong SoCal natives can forget how different the weather is in Ontario. If you love sunshine, dry summers and mild winters, the area’s hot-summer Mediterranean climate could be a great fit – especially if you choose a master planned community with a beautiful swimming pool.
Plus, all that sunshine makes it easy to take advantage of the area’s wealth of outdoor recreation:
- Cucamonga-Guasti Regional Park features 150 acres of open space with two lakes for boating and fishing
- There are dozens of golf courses within 20 miles of Ontario – the beautiful Whispering Lakes Golf Course is in town and was recently renovated with a brand-new clubhouse
- Lace up your hiking boots to hit the trail at North Etiwanda Preserve
- Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden is just outside of the city and is the largest botanical garden dedicated to California native plants
- You will also find unique outdoor adventures that include farm tours, wineries and open-air shopping malls
Excellent Cultural Opportunities
For a city of its size, Ontario offers a wide selection of top-notch museums and arts venues. If you like history and live performances, it is easy to fill your weekends with fun.
- The Chaffey Community Museum of Art features works from nationally recognized artists as well as top local talent | 217 S Lemon Ave, Ontario, CA 91761 | 909-463-3733
- The Ontario Museum of History and Art preserves, interprets, and celebrates the history and cultural heritage of Ontario and the surrounding area | 225 South Euclid Avenue, Ontario, CA 91762 | 909-395-2510
- A visit to the Graber Olive House is just like escaping for the day to the Mediterranean, as the oldest business in Ontario, this historic olive farm has been open since 1894
- The Toyota Arena plays host to a fantastic selection of big-name performers and is also home to the Ontario Reign hockey team
- Spectacular historical homes include the John Rains House and the Sam and Alfreda Maloof House, both listed on the National Register of Historic Places
Close to Mt. Baldy
Imagine having Southern California’s best natural skiing and snowboarding destination just 40 minutes away. New homes for sale in Ontario, CA put Mt. Baldy Resort at your fingertips, where you will find 800+ skiable acres and 2,100 vertical feet of drop. Don’t ski? Head to the Snow Tubing Park!
Mt. Baldy Resort isn’t just about winter fun, either. The mountain is also a premier summertime destination for zip lining, hiking, camping, and cycling. There is plenty of fun to be had in the spring and fall, too.
Premier Shopping Venues
If your idea of a good time is filling your shopping bags, Ontario is a great place to live – and without all the traffic jams, you can easily hop in the car and hit up several shopping centers in the same day and never have to stress about parking.
Here are four of the area’s most popular shopping destinations:
- The Station at Eastvale features Starbucks, In-N-Out, Costco and more | 5030 Hamner Ave, Mira Loma, CA 91752
- Eastvale Gateway is a beautiful shopping mall with more than 70 big box stores, popular retailers, and eateries, including outdoor dining | 12571 Limonite Ave. Suite 255, Eastvale, CA 91752
- Ontario Mills is a Simon mall with nearly 200 hundred businesses to choose from | 1 Mills Cir, Ontario, CA 91764
- Victoria Gardens offers a beautiful open-air shopping experience for shopping, dining, and entertainment from more than 150 retailers, restaurants, services, and more
Ontario Master Planned Communities
For Southern California home buyers who love new home neighborhoods, Ontario is a fantastic choice. Master planned communities offer the convenience of having everything you need to live a great life, all in one place.
Mariposa at Park Place
Taylor Morrison’s Mariposa at Park Place community features accessibly priced new Ontario, CA homes with access to the incredible amenities at Park Place in Ontario Ranch. The 14,500 square foot Parkhouse amenity complex includes a stunning resort-style pool and surrounds, state-of-the-art fitness center, tennis courts, dog park, private movie theater and a well-appointed clubhouse for connecting with neighbors or enjoying quality time with family and friends.
Houses for sale in Ontario at Mariposa are surrounded by parks and freeway close for fast and easy commutes. Enjoy a smooth drive to both the 15 Freeway and 60 Freeway plus proximity to the Ontario International Airport and East Ontario Metrolink Station.
- Ontario International Airport | 2500 E Airport Dr, Ontario, CA 91761 | 20 minutes from the community
- East Ontario Metrolink Station | 3330 E. Francis St., Ontario CA 91761 | 15 minutes from the community
- Five minutes to I-15, ten minutes to I-60, minutes to Euclid Avenue, 71 and 91 | Get Directions
- The Station at Eastvale: 6 minutes
- Eastvale Gateway: 10 minutes
- Ontario Mills: 15 minutes
- Victoria Gardens: 20 minutes
And if you are looking for great schools, residents of Mariposa are zoned for:
- Ranch View Elementary School (TK-5) | 3300 Old Archibald Ranch Road, Ontario, CA 91761 | (909) 947-5545
- Grace Yokley Middle School (6-8) | 2947 S Turner Avenue, Ontario, CA 91761 | (909) 947-6774
- Colony High School | 3850 E Riverside Drive, Ontario, CA 91761 | (909) 930-2929
Plan Your Visit Today
To truly experience all the reasons why you should consider making your next move to Ontario, CA, schedule a personal community and model home walkthrough or visit the Sales Center during regular business hours.
Mariposa at Park Place Sales Center
3041 E. Travertine St., Ontario, CA 91762 | Get Directions