As technology changes, so does the way Taylor Morrison helps home buyers find and purchase the new construction house of their dreams. We’re excited to announce the rollout of a brand new way for you to experience move-in ready homes across the country and we know you’re going to love it.
It’s called a Self-Guided Tour and it’s going to change the way you think about visiting a new house for sale.
See which divisions are currently offering Self-Guided Tours and read on to learn how it works and why it’s beneficial to you as a home shopper.
What is a Self-Guided Tour?
The basic idea is simple. Instead of meeting up with a realtor to visit a home you’d like to see, you schedule an appointment online and then let yourself into the home with a 4-digit code sent straight to your smartphone.
Arrive at your appointment time and explore the home. It’s the flexibility you’ve always wanted in a real estate tour.
Freedom, convenience, and privacy
Traditionally, taking a tour of a move-in ready showcase home means making an appointment with a realtor or new home consultant and then walking through the home together with your agent. It might be hard to coordinate your schedules and find a time that works for both of you.
While viewing a home with an agent offers plenty of benefits, like learning about unique features of the home and having your questions answered immediately, you may prefer the freedom to tour the home on your own terms.
With a Self-Guided Tour, you have the property all to yourself, to explore at your own pace and speak candidly about the home.
Spend as much time as you’d like in the rooms that interest you most while quickly taking a peek at the spaces that aren’t as important to you. Map out where you’d put your furniture. Come and go as you please during your allotted appointment time.
This is your tour, your way.
How does it work?
Setting up your Self-Guided Tour account is fast and easy.
- Find a ready-now home you like that offers Self-Guided Tours. You can either access available listings from our up-to-date Self-Guided Tour page or click the SELF-GUIDED TOUR » button under the home stats on the home’s inventory page.
- Select a one-hour time slot between 6AM and 8PM to schedule your tour.
- Review and accept the terms and conditions.
- Verify your identification.
- Receive your 4-digit entry code.
Feel free to book as many tours as you’d like and you’re more than welcome to visit the same home twice. Do be sure to go back in and schedule a new appointment as your entry code expires at the end of your time slot.
Where are Self-Guided tours available?
Self-guided tours are currently available in all states where Taylor Morrison builds new homes. You’ll find houses for sale in Orlando, FL, townhomes selling in Kirkland, WA and plenty of choices in between.
Find homes to tour now and be sure to stay tuned if Self-Guided Tours are not yet available in your preferred location – and remember that you can still schedule a private 1:1 showing at any of our move-in ready homes.
What if I have questions about the home?
Don’t worry, if any questions or concerns pop up during your tour, our Internet Home Consultants are available by phone to answer the call.
You can also easily schedule an additional appointment online to come back and walk through the home again with a Community Sales Manager.
Fall in love with the house? Reserve it!
Another new feature from Taylor Morrison is the option to reserve a house you like to lock in a set price for 24 hours and guarantee nobody else buys the home.
NOTE: Reserve this home feature is not available in all markets and not activated for all listings.
Preparing for your first Self-Guided Tour
- Learn more about Internet Home Consultants and how they can support you during the home buying process.
- Download this helpful dream home checklist so you can take notes during your tour. This is especially helpful if you are planning to visit several homes so that you can remember which is which.
- For right now, children under the age of 18 and pets are not allowed to come along for your Self-Guided Tour. Please make any necessary arrangements in advance.
- Homes are professionally cleaned and sanitized frequently so you can visit worry free. We do suggest that visitors read current safety protocols, including social distancing and not touching surfaces while inside the home.
Take additional tours from the comfort of your sofa
Self-Guided Tours are in addition to our popular virtual tour option. You’ll still be able to explore dozens of floor plans, ready-now homes and exciting options and upgrades from your smartphone, computer or tablet.
Virtual tours are great because you can experience a lot of different floor plans in a short time period. One or two-stories? Game room or media center? Expand the covered outdoor living area? Add a pool? You can explore all these options from the comfort of home and then schedule Self-Guided Tours of the houses you like best. It’s all part of giving you more control over the home shopping process to ensure that you find a home you’ll love to live in.
Have fun exploring on your own
We hope our new Self-Guided Tour option simplifies the process for making your Next Move into the home you’ve always wanted. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact an Internet Home Consultant. Happy house hunting!