Home Cleaning + Maintenance Tips
Owning a brand-new home is a big responsibility. It’s also your biggest investment so you’ll want to take good care of it.
Fortunately, home maintenance and cleaning care isn’t rocket science. Keeping up with it is mostly about staying organized and sticking to a regular routine.
With that in mind, here are 7 fantastic tips for maintaining a home that’s the envy of the neighborhood!
1) All Hail the Checklist!
It doesn’t matter if you own a mountain view home in Colorado or a beach side townhome in Florida, as the seasons change, so does your to-do list.
Start by printing out these amazing room-by-room cleaning cards for use all year. Then, put together 4 seasonal checklists to keep your home running smooth no matter what the weather:
- Super Spring Cleaning
- Summer of Love (Your Home)
- Autumn Leaves and Messy Gutters
- Chores in a Winter Wonderland
2) Take Advantage of Hacks
Steam clean your microwave? Shiny fan blades without a mess? No scrub sparkling faucets?
These three cleaning hacks and more.
3) A Dreaded Task, Headache Free
Did you know you should be cleaning your washing machine every year? Routine cleanings lead to better performance and greater longevity on moving parts.
Here’s the secret to completing the job in record time.
4) The First of the Month
Knowing that a stitch in time saves nine, stay ahead of the game by revising these 3 checklist items before an issue forces your hand.
- Clean HVAC filters for improved efficiency and to prevent malfunction.
- Remove grease/dirt/grime from appliances and check moving parts for wear and tear.
- Test your smoke alarm. Change batteries before they start to fail.
5) Bathroom Cleaning Made Simple
The dirtiest job in the house doesn’t have to be.
6) Intelligent Workarounds for Hard to Reach Places
Some household items are easier to clean than others. And yes, given our busy lifestyles it’s understandable that we shelve those more difficult to complete tasks.
Perhaps what you need are a few tricks of the trade!
7) I Feel the Need, the Need for Speed Cleaning
Don’t you wish there was a supercharged version of cleaning house like speed reading?
It’s not Hard, It’s Somewhat Simple
A big thank you to Stephanie at Somewhat Simple for all these fantastic home maintenance and cleaning tips! Now enjoy less time cleaning and more time in your new home!