On the prowl for a hot new place to live? Look no further than sunny southwest Florida.
According to Forbes, Tampa real estate is one of the top ten fastest growing regions in the country – and not just because of the fantastic year-round weather. You’ll find a ton to do here and the diversity of activities means there’s something for everyone. From golf to theme parks to nature parks, shopping, sports and more. Taylor Morrison has got you covered.
We’ve put together this “Ultimate Things to Do in Tampa” guide to make weekend planning a breeze. Scroll down to find an in-depth list of local destinations and attractions.
If you’re in the market for a new Tampa home, read on to learn more about WaterGrass, an exciting new master planned community in Wesley Chapel, FL. Isn’t it type you shifted your focus to living well?
Becoming a Part of WaterGrass
Greenery is what it’s all about. WaterGrass features nearly 1,000 acres of natural wonderland, one quarter of which is preserved for public enjoyment. Open space, woods, wetlands, parks and playgrounds work together with stunning home designs to create the perfect balance.
WaterGrass is a different kind of gated community and Taylor Morrison is thrilled to be one of the builders offering new build homes in the development. One look at the exhaustive array of shared amenities and it’s easy to see why we wanted to get involved:
- 2 pools to choose from! Chill out at the resort-style zero-entry pool with splash pad or swim laps at the 6-lane Jr. Olympic size pool.
- Fun in the sun. More than a dozen neighborhood parks & playgrounds provide space to relax or exercise.
- Get in shape at the state-of-the-art fitness center. There’s also an adjacent Children’s Play Area for fun outdoor play.
- Grab your racquets for an afternoon of tennis on one of two hard surface courts. Game. Set. Match.
- Lace up and participate in a pickup game of hoops at the basketball court.
Lush and Beautiful
WaterGrass is meant to be a place where residents enjoy an active lifestyle. Somewhere where getting out of the house and interacting with nature is part of your daily routine.
Featuring lush landscaping, colorful blooms and charming tree-lined boulevards, everywhere you turn in the community is a chance to connect with the natural environment.
And with a large percentage of the development set aside for conservation and preserves, new home buyers are doing their part to ensure future generations can enjoy the natural beauty of this unique part of the world.
A perfect choice for home buyers seeking modern comforts in a peaceful environment.
Friendship & Education
The planners at WaterGrass have literally thought of everything.
Home buyers with young children will be thrilled to learn that the community features its very own onsite elementary school. Give your kids a great head start on their future in a like-minded community – and the little ones love that all their friends from school live in the neighborhood.
Forging Relationships at the WaterGrass Clubhouse
The thing that makes a neighborhood great are the people who live there. At the WaterGrass Clubhouse, it’s easy to make new friends and build lasting relationships with those down the street. Bringing people together, the Clubhouse is the heart & soul of the community.
If you’ve ever dreamed of having year-round access to vacation-inspired amenities, you’ll fall head over heels for the wide variety of facilities & amenities.
Luxurious seating. Indoor/outdoor dining spaces. Large screen TVs and of course the pool. Enjoy a cold drink under the half-dozen shaded structures surrounding the pool or mingle and socialize at community events. An evening of fun and laughter is always at your fingertips.
Taylor Morrison Collection of Homes at WaterGrass
Taylor Morrison is bringing a collection of new homes to WaterGrass that will offer Tampa area homebuyers an inspired living experience.
Our award-winning open-concept plans are designed to take advantage of every last square foot. Taylor Morrison homes feature:
- Quality craftsmanship you can trust: 2016, 2017 and 2018 America’s Most Trusted® Home Builder by Lifestory Research.
- Roomy great rooms and well-equipped gourmet kitchens.
- Lavish owner’s suits.
- Outstanding curb appeal.
- Combination of indoor/outdoor living spaces.
- Flexibility of choosing options/upgrades on to-be-built homes as well as access to the Design Center to personalize your home with flooring, surfaces, paint colors and more.
While the exact plans to be featured at WaterGrass have yet to be released, you can be among the first to be notified when they are. Simply sign up for the WaterGrass VIP Interest List online.
- With a proposed 33 new site homes available, joining the interest list is your best bet at having the best selection of homesites when new phases are released.
Wesley Chapel Spearheading Growth in Pasco County
Over the last decade and a half, the Wesley Chapel area has experienced heavy growth in the real estate sector. The addition of several master planned developments has led to the construction of new schools, new hospitals and a new college campus.
Named a “Boomtown” in 2008 by the Gadberry List, Wesley Chapel has been a catalyst behind Pasco County’s ranking in the Top-50 fastest growing counties in the United States.
But unlike other rapidly developing areas that lose their charm, Wesley Chapel’s measured growth strategy has led to a healthy bio-balance with wildlife and wetlands. The city retains its country feel while offering a host of urban amenities.
- See Local Interests for Wesley Chapel.
- Additional Reading: Love It & Live It in Tampa! Wesley Chapel Location Guide
Easy Access to I-75 & Shopping
Offering an idyllic balance of city & suburban living, owning a new home in Wesley Chapel means you’re minutes from the interstate for smooth sailing into employment corridors, downtown Tampa, the beaches and more.
And with the Shops at WireGrass nearby, residents are never at a loss for shopping, dining and entertainment opportunities.
Tampa & Wesley Chapel Directory
Find something fun to do today! With so many options, there’s simply never an excuse for being bored in Tampa.
- 10001 Malcolm McKinley Drive, Tampa, FL 33612
- 813-987-5600 | Adventure Island
- 10001 North McKinley Drive, Tampa, FL 33612
- 813-987-5082 | Busch Gardens
- 701 Channelside Drive, Tampa, FL 33602
- 813-273-4000 | Florida Aquarium
Lowry Park Zoo
- 1101 West Sligh Avenue, Tampa, FL 33604
- 813-935-8552 | Lowry Park Zoo
- 1600 E 8th Ave, Tampa, FL 33605
- 813-241-8838 | Ybor City
Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks
Hillsborough River State Park
- 15402 US 301 N., Thonotosassa, FL 33592
- (813) 987-6771 | Hillsborough River State Park
Cypress Creek Preserve
- 8720 Pump Station Road, Land O’ Lakes, FL 34639
- (352) 796-7211, ext. 4470 | Cypress Creek Preserve
Northdale Golf Club
- 4417 Northdale Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33624
- 813-962-0428 | Northdale Golf Club
- 5700 Saddlebrook Way, Wesley Chapel, FL 33543
- 813-973-1111 | Saddlebrook Resort
Tournament Players Club of Tampa Bay
- 5300 West Lutz Lake Fern Road, Lutz, FL 33558
- 813-949-0090 | TPC Tampa Bay
Lexington Oaks Golf
- 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel, FL 33544
Lake Jovita Golf & Country Club
- 12900 Lake Jovita Boulevard, Dade City, FL 33525
- 352-588-9200 | Lake Jovita Golf & Country Club
The Claw at USF
- 13801 North 46th Street, Tampa, FL 33613
- 813-632-6893 | The Claw
Fox Hollow Golf Club
- 10050 Robert Trent Jones Pkwy, Trinity, FL 34655
- 727-376-6333 | Golf the Fox
Pebble Creek Golf
- 10550 Regents Park Dr., Tampa, FL 33647
Tampa Museum of Art
- 120 West Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa, FL 33602
- 813-274-8130 | Tampa Museum
Salvador Dali Museum and Store
- 1000 3rd St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- 727-823-3767 | The Dali
Glazer Children’s Museum
- 110 West Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa, FL 33602
- 813-443-FUN1 | Glazer Museum
Tampa Bay History Center
- 801 Old Water Street, Tampa, FL 33602
- 813-228-0097 | Tampa Bay History Center
Museum of Science & Industry (MOSI)
- 4801 E. Fowler Avenue, Tampa, Fl 33617
- 813-987-6000 | MOSI
Ringling Museum of Art
- 5401 Bay Shore Rd, Sarasota, FL 34243
- 941-359-5700 | Ringling Museum of Art
Parks & Recreation
Land O’ Lakes Recreation Complex
- 3032 Collier Parkway, Land O’ Lakes, FL 34639
- 813-929-1220 | Pasco County
- 16400 Morris Bridge Road, Tampa, FL 33637 [Additional entrance off Bruce B. Downs Boulevard, north of Chili’s in New Tampa]
- 813-987-6211 | Flatwoods Park
- 13330 Morris Bridge Road, Tampa, FL 33637
- 12550 Morris Bridge Road, Tampa, FL 33637
Wesley Chapel District Park
- 7727 Boyette Road, Wesley Chapel, FL 33544
The Straz Center for the Performing Arts
- 1010 W.C. MacInnes Place North, Tampa, FL 33602
- 813-229-7827 | Straz Center
- 711 N Franklin Street, Tampa, FL 33602
- 813-274-8286 | Tampa Theatre
Westfield Brandon Shopping Center
- I-75 & State Road 60, Brandon, FL 33511
- 813-661-5100 | Westfield Brandon
Westfield Citrus Park Shopping Center
- Veterans’ Expressway & Gunn Highway, Tampa, FL 33625
- 813-926-4644 | Westfield Citrus Park
- Spruce St. East & Westshore Blvd., Tampa, FL 33607
- 813-342-3790 | International Plaza
- 2200 East Fowler Ave., Tampa, FL 33612
- 813-971-3465 | University Mall
- West Shore Blvd. & Kennedy Blvd., Tampa, FL 33609
- 813-286-0790 | Westshore Plaza
The Grove at Wesley Chapel
- 6105 Wesley Chapel Blvd., Wesley Chapel, FL 33544
- 813-221-2290 | The Grove
The Shops at WireGrass
- State Road 56 & Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Wesley Chapel, FL 33543
- 813-994-2242 | The Shops at WireGrass
Tampa Premium Outlet Mall
- S.R. 56/I-75 Wesley Chapel
- 813-909-8716 | Tampa Premium Outlets
Baseball – Steinbrenner Field
- New York Yankees Spring Training
- One Steinbrenner Drive, Tampa, FL 33614
- 813-875-7753 | Steinbrenner Field
Football – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Raymond James Stadium
- 4201 Dale Mabry Highway North, Tampa, FL 33607
- Stadium: 813-350-6500 | Bucs Ticket Office: 813-879-2827
- Buccaneers | Raymond James Stadium
Hockey – Tampa Bay Lightning
- The Tampa Bay Times Forum
- 401 Channelside Drive, Tampa, FL 33602
- Tampa Bay Times Forum Box Office: 813-301-2500
- Lightning | Tampa Bay Times Forum
Baseball – The Tampa Bay Rays
- Tropicana Field
- One Tropicana Drive, St Petersburg, FL 33705
- Tickets: 1-888-326-7297 | Tampa Bay Rays
Tampa International Airport
- 5503 West Spruce St., Tampa, FL 33607-1475
- 813-870-8700 | Tampa Airport