One look through Los Angeles area real estate listings can lead to a serious case of sticker shock and the sinking feeling that you’ll never be able to afford a Southern California home. It’s easy to see how many families turn to renting instead of signing up for a hefty mortgage that they can’t afford.
San Bernardino home builder Taylor Morrison understands this dilemma and is proud to offer a real solution. Coming soon, Westridge at Sycamore Hills will be selling new construction homes in Upland, CA from the $500s. With easy access to the LA and San Bernardino employment markets, the development is a fantastic choice for commuters.
Affordable new build homes off the 210 in San Bernardino County. Learn more about the community to discover if a new home in the Inland Empire is right for you.
Don’t forget to sign up for the VIP Interest List to receive early notifications on pricing, promotions, special events and more before the general public.
5 Reasons It’s Better to Buy than Rent
Making the jump to homeownership is a big move – but understanding the benefits of buying over renting is reassurance that you’re doing the right thing.
- Lock in a low monthly mortgage payment – Budgeting for the future can be difficult when you rent. It’s impossible to predict how much rent prices will go up and when. By purchasing a new house in Upland, CA you can know exactly what your monthly payment will be for years to come.
- Save money on your tax bill – Home ownership offers certain tax benefits as you may be able to deduct the interest paid on your mortgage. This benefit can help make home ownership more affordable than renting a home. Check with your tax advisor to find out how much you can save.
- Lower utility bills and be kinder to the environment – New construction homes in San Bernardino County are more energy efficient than older rental properties. Save money on energy bills over the long term and go green with a tankless water heater and modern insulation.
- Freedom to personalize your space – Enjoy the flexibility of repainting or making major changes to your living space without asking for permission from the landlord.
- Build a nest egg – Homes typical increase in value over time. Purchasing real estate can act as a type of forced savings to build assets for the future.
Additionally, planting roots is a great way to establish yourself as part of a community and connect more strongly with your neighbors. A single-family Inland Empire home is also more private than attached living.
Crunching the Numbers
Many people incorrectly presume that renting automatically works out to be cheaper than having a mortgage payment but this isn’t always the case. Use Taylor Morrison’s free online calculators to run the numbers and work it out for yourself.
Find out how much your payment would on a given home and make a direct comparison between the cost of renting versus home ownership.
You might just be surprised at the results.
A Decision You Can be Happy With
A survey commissioned by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) found that an overwhelming majority of homeowners (95%) were happy with their decision to purchase their home.
The primary reason cited surprisingly had less to do with personal finances and more to do with the enjoyment of crafting a home that suits your tastes and needs. Your home is an extension of who you are and a big part of the American Dream.
With You Every Step of the Way
Getting into your first home should be exciting and fun. Take stress out of the equation by learning the ins and outs of the new home buying experience ahead of time.
Our free Homebuying 101 program walks you through the process from start to finish. Build confidence through preparation to make your home buying journey as smooth and painless as possible.
Make 2018 the Year You Become a Homeowner
Nothing beats the sensation of walking through the front door of your new construction home for the first time. It’s the pride of home ownership and it’s truly a special feeling. We hope that this is the year for you and your family to finally make the leap and we’re here to help you make it happen to the best of our abilities.
When we say that your home is the most important home we can build, we really mean it.
Your New Home – Upland, California
See for yourself how a new life in the foothills of the San Gabriel mountains can breathe fresh air into your quality of life. Close to the beach and the mountains and just a few minutes from Ontario, CA, Westridge at Sycamore Hills offers an affordable solution for making the transition from renting to home ownership.
Familiarize yourself with the floor plan collection. There’s a model for everyone. 3-4 bedroom/2.5-3 bath plans range from 1,621 to 2,361 square feet and are priced from the low $500,000s.
- Learn more about Upland Unified School District and the schools Westridge residents will attend.
- See Local Interests for Upland, California.
Plan Your Visit
Stop by the sales center to see the community and get to know the area. The Grand Opening is scheduled for June 2018. Sign up for updates to receive an invitation. Plan on swinging by and taking part in the festivities.
1900 West 16th Street, Upland, CA 91784
Stay up to date on community progress by signing up for the VIP Interest List. You’ll be among the first to receive information on building site releases, pricing and special promotions, right in your inbox.