With the whole world plastered in pink hearts and cupids, we don’t have to remind you that it’s Valentine’s Day. Whether you enjoy a quiet celebration at home or dressing to the nines and braving the crowds—we’re about to strike Cupid’s arrow on the best ideas to sweep your Valentine off their feet.
Stay In With Your Sweetie
If you’re low-key love birds who prefer staying at your new-construction Taylor Morrison home on the day of love, it doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate! After all, whether “staying in” means enjoying the breezy patio at your house in Tampa or tucked in tight from the cold at your new home in Denver—romance is universal, and often found in the little moments.
From making a homemade brunch or baking sweet treats in your gourmet kitchen to cuddling up to a romantic comedy with a mug of hot cocoa and some gourmet popcorn, we’re here to prove that a fancy dinner doesn’t have to be the centerpiece of a special Valentine’s Day.
Wiggle Into Their Heart with a Delicious Brunch
They say food is the way to a man’s heart, but we’re willing to bet the special woman in your life would feel the love if you whipped her up any of these yummy Valentine’s Day brunch ideas.
Bond over Homemade Crafts & Treats
The most important part of Valentine’s Day is spending time with your loved ones—and that includes the whole family. At Taylor Morrison, we know nothing makes others feel better than a personal touch—so make the kids feel special with some printable crafts and games and butter up your better half with a few sumptuous treats and goodies baked from the heart. Thank goodness they’re calorie-free on Valentine’s Day! (We wish!) See all the ideas here.
Go Out on the Town
If putting on your dancing shoes and getting out of the house is your idea of a perfect Valentine’s Day date, you can’t go wrong with the traditional romantic dinner. A delicious meal, glass of wine, and love in the air can make for a memorable evening—and bring you and your partner closer together than ever before.
Looking for non-traditional ideas? You can’t go wrong if you’re enjoying time together, so don’t be afraid to get creative with your date ideas and make a truly memorable Valentine’s Day. Your date will appreciate the extra effort. Why not try these?
Go for a Stroll
- A romantic stroll along the beach, a city street, or even down the sidewalk, especially under the twinkling light of the stars, is sure to get your sweetie’s heart fluttering. Stop for a coffee or hot chocolate to sweeten the deal
- Pack a picnic and go for a hike. Feeling the connection with nature can only fuel your own connection as a couple
Bring Out Your Childish Side
No one said Valentine’s Day has to be serious. Act like kids again with a fun, lighthearted date:
- Race each other around a go-kart course
- Go bowling or play laser tag
- See who can win each other the biggest gift at an arcade
Get Your Adrenaline Rushing
Get the stomach-dropping feeling again in more ways than one:
- Go to an indoor rock-climbing wall and scale to new heights together
- If you’re feeling really adventurous, sky diving is the ultimate adrenaline rush, and we’ve heard the couple who jumps out of a plane together stays together
Not Just For Couples
While the balloon hearts and flowers and chocolates are all geared towards couples, the spirit of Valentine’s Day is really about showing those you love how much you care–whether that’s your kids, your mom, or your best friend.
Valentine’s Day can still be a blast for you and your single pals.
An increasingly popular Valentine’s phenomenon is the idea of Galentine’s Day. This is where single ladies ditch the pressure to find a date and instead get together to celebrate their friendship on the day of love…so grab your best friends and enjoy an evening together getting pampered, watching movies, going out to eat, or simply chit chatting over Valentine’s Day snacks and treats.
Be Your Own Valentine
The most important person to show love to on Valentine’s Day? Yourself! So if you’re single, go ahead and pamper yourself with a day at the spa or even a day-long binge of your favorite show. You deserve it.
While Valentine’s Day can feel like a mushy girl holiday, men can still celebrate a solo Valentine’s Day, too.
- Treat yourself to something you’ve been eyeing for a while, whether that’s a new video game or a new pair of sneakers
- Dust off your favorite hobby—there’s no better day to get back into your favorite pastimes, from running to playing the guitar and anything in between
- Call your buddies—there’s not a cute name for it like “Galentine’s,” but if you have other single friends, get together for a guy’s night. It’ll feel good to spend time with the boys playing poker, catching a game, or going to a concert. Who knows? Maybe you’ll run into a Galentine’s outing and meet your future Valentine
A Valentine’s Day to Remember
Regardless of your plans this February 14th, we hope you’re filled with the true spirit of Valentine’s Day and take some time to show the ones you love just how much they mean to you—even if it doesn’t involve paper mache hearts and flying cupids. And whatever you do, whether you stay home or go out—we hope it involves enough sugar to make you swoon.
P.S. On Valentine’s Day and every day, we work to build positive relationships with our customers and always strive to show you just how much you mean to us. That’s why we’re so proud to have been voted America’s Most Trusted Homebuilder for the 4th Year in a Row. You’re our forever Valentine!