Location, lifestyle…Surprise, Arizona has it all. Offering a small-town feel with big-city amenities, this multigenerational city truly has something for everyone, from arts and recreation to shopping and dining. Explore Northwest Valley living and discover why you should hang your hat at our Surprise, AZ new homes in Avila, coming soon to the Rancho Mercado community.
1. Outdoor Recreation is Nearly Endless
Bounded on two sides by some of the most breathtaking landscapes in America, Surprise is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Explore the majesty of the great outdoors as you hike or camp in the White Tank Mountains to the West. Take in the sunset over the Sonoran Desert to the north and be in awe as the rich colors sink under the expansive horizon. Or enjoy a day of watersports, wildlife spotting, and picnics at Lake Pleasant Regional Park.
Ways to Get Out and Enjoy Nature Abound:
Peoria Calderwood Butte Preserve
- Peoria Calderwood Butte Preserve – Nestled in the suburbia of northwest Phoenix, enjoy a gem of a hike with stunning panoramic views from the summit
- 27180 N 99th Ave, Peoria, AZ 85383 | (623) 773-7137
Peoria Sunrise Mountain Preserve
- Peoria Sunrise Mountain Preserve – A great place for an easy day hike, where you can hit all three summits in an approximately 5-mile loop.
- Sunrise Mountain Trail, Peoria, AZ 85383 | (623) 773-7000
Wildlife World Zoo, Aquarium & Safari Park
- Wildlife World Zoo, Aquarium & Safari Park – If you’re in the mood for a different outdoor experience, why not visit the Wildlife World Zoo for a day of learning and fun. Home to Arizona’s largest collection of endangered and exotic animals, you can get an up-close look at more than 600 species plus enjoy rides, a petting zoo, and daily shows.
- 16501 W Northern Ave, Litchfield Park, AZ 85340 | (623)935-9453
Surprise Community Park
- Surprise Community Park – A fantastic local park featuring a large playground for little adventurers as well as a pond with ducks, aquatic center, dog park, and plenty of peaceful and shady spots to sit and relax or enjoy a picnic meal.
In addition to all the amazing outdoor recreation all around, there’s plenty of other ways to stay entertained, including sports courts, cultural venues and more.
- Surprise, AZ is home to the southwest’s largest tennis and racquet complex
- If you enjoy hitting a golf ball on the weekends, you’ll find several professionally designed golf courses nearby, including Arizona Traditions Golf Club, Cimarron Golf Club, Desert Springs Golf Club and more
- Surprise was voted 2018’s #1 Spring Training Stadium by USA today, so you’re sure to get the ultimate baseball fan experience, especially during the Cactus League Spring Training when Surprise Stadium welcomes the Kansas City Royals and Texas Rangers
- Spend an afternoon appreciating art at one of Surprise’s local art galleries like The Vista Center for the Arts, West Valley Arts HQ, or WHAM Art Association & Gallery
- Visit DreamCatcher Park, an fully accessible athletic facility, for adaptive recreation programs such as baseball, soccer, track and field, tee-ball, and coach-pitch baseball
2. Good Eats are Never Far Away
From world-renowned chefs to tucked away diners, the eatin’ is good in Surprise. In addition to a variety of local places to grab a meal out, the culinary delights of Phoenix are just a short trip away. Next time you have a craving, try one of these local favorites:
Babbo Italian Eatery
- Babbo Italian Eatery – Get all your favorite Italian fare at this family-owned restaurant with 8 locations in the Valley.
- 16433 W Bell Rd, Surprise, AZ 85374 | (623)825-1919
Irish Wolfhound Restaurant & Pub
- Irish Wolfhound Restaurant & Pub – Enjoy a traditional Irish menu and grab a pint of your favorite Irish beer. A few hours spent in good company is an experience you don’t want to miss.
- 16811 N Litchfield Rd Ste 102, Surprise, AZ 85374 | (623)214-1004
State 48 Brewery
- State 48 Brewery – With a brewhouse and brewpub on site, State 48 Brewery in Surprise is the perfect spot to savor a craft beer. Alone or with friends, you’ll have a good time.
- 13823 W Bell Rd, Surprise, AZ 85374 | (623)584-1095
- Vogue Bistro – Satisfy your cravings with delectable French-American style dishes and fancy martinis in an intimate setting.
- 15411 W Waddell Rd, Surprise, AZ 85379 | (623)544-9109
3. Near Plenty of Shopping for Everyday Convenience
Whether you’re shopping for groceries, a new wardrobe, or home decor – Surprise has a store for you. From Safeway Grocery and Pharmacy to take care of all your everyday necessities to a variety of shopping centers offering an array of boutiques, national retail stores, and a variety of restaurants and eateries, you’ll love the ease and convenience of everything you want and need nearby.
10 Minutes Away
Safeway Grocery and Pharmacy
28455 N Vistancia Blvd, Peoria, AZ 85383 | (623)243-9204
Lake Pleasant Towne Center
9940 W. Happy Valley Pkwy., Peoria, AZ 85383
- Stores here include AT&T, Avant Garde Eye Care, Bath & Body Works, Famous Footwear, Firestone Complete Auto Care, GNC, The Home Depot, Kohl’s, Michaels, Office Max, Pets Smart, Pier 1 Imports, Ross, Sprouts, TMobile, Torrid, Tuesday Morning, Ulta
Lake Pleasant Pavilion
9947 Happy Valley Rd., Peoria, AZ 85383 | (480)385-2820
- Bed Bath & Beyon, Bevmo, Downeast Home and Clothing Marshalls, Target and Tilly’s
Lake Pleasant Crossing Shopping Center
9947 Happy Valley Rd., Peoria, AZ 85383 | (480)385-2820
- Fry’s Marketplace, Lowe’s Home Improvement, and Pet Planet
20 – 25 Minutes Away
Surprise Towne Center
25401 N Lake Pleasant Pkwy, Peoria, AZ 85383 | (623)235-2350
- Lowe’s, Target, The Home Depot, Walmart Supercenter, Sprouts Farmers Market, Party Planet, Target, Barnes and Noble, and Office Max
Justice Brothers Ranch and Farm Stand
14629 W. Peoria Avenue, Waddell AZ 85355
4. Stunning & Spacious New Homes for Sale in Phoenix Metro
Coming soon to Surprise is Avila, a neighborhood of beautiful new homes located in the Rancho Mercado master-planned community. Just 3.3 miles from the AZ Loop 303, Avila is perfectly situated for you to enjoy all Surprise and the Phoenix metro area have to offer.
- Community of cluster homes ranging from 1,272 to 1,961 square feet
- 2 to 4 bedrooms
- Up to 2.5 baths
- 2-car garage
- 1 to 2 stories
With exteriors featuring brick and stone accents and decorative shutters, you’ll love the attractive curb appeal. Open concept floor plans combined with convenient details maximize every square foot to make these homes easy to live in. Plus, small yards mean you can spend your time enjoying the entertainment and stunning Sonoran Desert scenery around you rather than on maintenance.
5. Incredible Amenities for a Lifestyle You’ll Love
Living in Avila, you won’t have to venture out of your community for relaxation, recreation, and fun. Within the Rancho Mercado master-plan, you’ll have access to a host of planned and completed amenities, such as:
- Basketball and sand volleyball courts
- A dog park
- Community trail system
- Outdoor ramadas and BBQ areas
- And more!*
Plus, you’ll enjoy exclusive access to the Avila community pool to cool off on hot summer days.
*Any community improvements, recreational features and amenities described are based upon current development plans, which are subject to change and under no obligation to be completed.
It’s No Surprise you’ll Love Living Here
Get the perfect combination of small town charm and big city amenities with a new Surprise, AZ home in Avila at Rancho Mercado. You’ll never lack for outdoor adventures, wonderful food options, plenty of shopping, and a beautiful, well-crafted home to create memories in for years to come. It’s no surprise you’ll love living in Surprise, AZ.
If a lifestyle surrounded by the incredible Sonoran Desert and White Tank Mountains with all the conveniences you could ever need sounds good, join our VIP interest list to be the first to know all the developments about this stunning new community.